Sunday, November 05, 2006

Emocoaster

ohhhhhhhhhh man

I threw my mouse against the wall yesterday (Saturday). I'm still pretty annoyed but for the most part I'm over it. I played 4 tables of 5/10 and boom, in 30 mins I was up 60big bets. $600! SO fast!!! And then BAM! 30 minutes later, I lost 100 big bets! -$1000 !!!! You can see why I threw my mouse against the wall, ya?

I learned that I gotta work on my mentality. I can't even handle an upswing rush. What the hell? I was so excited I was shaking and I couldn't think straight.

But wait, the idiot in me didn't stop there.

I got so pissed I went on my AP account and played blackjack. Yeah, at one point I had 900 on the table. Talk about lucky, I lost $600 and then won it all back. These are major leaks, it's not good. What happens later on when I have 20k, lose 5k and gamble away 10k? What a waste that would be. These acts of degeneracy are not good and I have to find a more effective way of dealing with them. Gambling is fun but one should never lose self-control over it. What happens when you have a girlfriend, or a family and you're still gambling and you do dumb stuff like this? It's just not good and really potentially dangerous. I honestly don't know how to fix it. I guess I need to lighten up? Haha.

Oh

but then I loaded up 3 tables @ 5/10 yesterday and made back the $400 + some change. Heh. I'm pretty confident in my limit game. I gotta work on my play from the blinds. It's tough and I don't quite have a grip on it. Zach from FCP wrote a funny statement in his post:
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=79546
"You gay bet the flop, AND the turn. I hate the way you play. If I played against you, I'd probably want to stab you."

Haha, that's good tho. It's feedback and it makes me more confident in my game. I do nothing unethical, but my style is one that disrupts the flow of the game, thus making it harder for you to get in your groove.

What's my plan this week?
I'm going to strictly 2 table 5/10 for just 1 week. Or 4 table 3/6 but I'm in the mood to 2 table.
1) my bankroll is kinda low, $4200 (you're supposed to have $5,000 minimum altho i'm told those #s are just guidelines to help noobies, dunno)
2) Maybe I can take my game to the next level. I can at least experiment and work on my play from teh blinds and heads up.
3) it'll be nice to only concentrate on two tables, takes some stress off etc.

So yeah, I hope to make $800 this week and hit the 5k mark. $3800 away from my goal from making $4k this month :D heh

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter