Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Semi-Nice Day

I say Semi-Nice because I didn't final table, and even if I did, if I didn't win I'd still be unhappy.

RECAP:
I played 2 hours of 2/4 sh lhe. I'm getting the groove I feel. I started to lose focus and found myself in "auto-bot" mode where I just played on instinct w/out much thought. $76 win for 2/4. THere's this huge douchebag on the pokerroom networks who trash talks EVERYONE. Tells you that you played your hand poorly, you're a fish, and that he has lots of money. So I'm basically sitting at his tables and taking as much money as I can away from him :D

I decided to play a tournament today, actually two. That's really rare. I hate tournaments because of time invested, but mainly, because of emotions invested. If you're competitive like me, it doesn't matter what stakes, losing DOES BOTHER YOU. Anything less than #1 is heartbreaking. It just is, sorry, it's not something some of us can change nor want to change. Losing makes me hungry for more, to do better. I'm definitely a little rusty, as I made quite a few mistakes but overall , my game is pretty fearless and it works for me. haha, it was a $10,000 guaranteed pool with a $5 rebuy, unlimited rebuys for the 1st hour. I rebought 8 times! at one point, I was so annoyed I pushed all in 5 hands in a row, one of which featured KK vs 10,10 and lost to a gutshot straight draw, yuck, but I was actually really amused. I finally doubled up with AA and decided it was time to play a good game, and I did. 16th/1330 people for $150

And although i don't have a 1,000 sample size of Multi-Table Tournaments I've played, I entered a $10 pl omaha tournament for fun. Out of 130ish people, I bubbled out in 11th with a set vs a higher set. Uh, I don't know how to play omaha except that A2s is a really good hand. This is how you play a tournament: instill fear into your opponent. Sense weakness? crush him, MAKE HIM FOLD. You can never lose if you never get called. get it? good.

I'm tired, although still feeling a little hyped up. Goodnight everyone, I hope to make my bankroll bigger this weekend.

night

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There you go little by little ;) and isn't it nice to play sh lhe again? if its wpx, not sure what they were thinking bout 5handed?!? You beleive that 5 handed?!? Change any differntly from 6 handed for you? thoughts?

Gl 2 u! ;)

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mikey!

It was great to play against you in that 10K MTT. I finished 17th and kept watching you're play.

You took some beats there and ended 16th shortly after me. I must say that, I did not think you're such a great player after that crazy re buy session in opening table :), me sitting next to you, but after that double with your A(merican) A(irlines), I watched your moves during that tournament. Great play there and you were my favourite to win the whole thing. Anyway, good luck in the future!

Your friend from Finland,

Mikester666

1:47 AM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

anon -
fcp and wpx both have 5 handed tables. I actually prefer 6 handed just because I feel more comfortable playing tighter where as 5handed I feel pressured to play more hands. That said, I find that I do pretty damn well playing 3 handed...haha

mikester -
LOL. That was really fun. How many times did you rebuy if at all? Thanks a lot for the comment and faith, I really appreciate it.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it really was fun. I re bought two times + add on. It was worth it!

All the best in the future and hope to play with you again!

Mikester666

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter