Monday, October 09, 2006

Grinding Grinding

total profit: $55
I did mostly sh lhe today.

I'm doing the best I can to grind it up, focusing on small profits each day to build up my roll. It's hard but I am trying.

So I decided to 4 table! I miss the action and I'm pretty confident in my sh lhe play. I really think i cost myself a lot of money beforehand because I played too many hands preflop and tried to force people to fold, rather than think about value.

So this morning I 4tabled 1/2 and I felt I played well. It was pretty automatic for me and I busted out a $56 profit.

Later on I played some nl, felt pretty comfortable, only 2 tables! It was a little swingy due to the fact that this one guy kept going all in and sucked out on me. But I made an $82 profit here.

Then...I wanted to play some more sh lhe. So back to 4 tabling 1/2. I really want to put in lots of hands in 1/2 and 2/4 to prove to myself that I am a winning player. But anyhow, big problem, I wasn't focusing as hard. Instead I was losing my temper and played too aggressive. Bad. So I dropped 50bbs at 1/2. Very annoyed.

I kicked the 4 tables, loaded up 2 2/4 sh lhe tables and focused hard. I learned something about playing LAG on one of them. There was this guy who literally played 80% of his hands, and he was busting out a huge profit (I think partly because he was on a rush). But I learned something from his dumbass self, and I also had such a good read on him he ended up leaving because I bombed his ass down.

1) FORCE people to hit a hand. Even if they raised preflop, it doesn't matter. Betting your draws is extremely powerful, especially when your image is a winning one, doesn't matter how loose, if they think you have a pair, they won't call.

2) donkbetting the turn is a very powerful tool, in fact it works with Ace high as well. I saw him take down a pot doing so.

Postflop play is so important. I need to keep working on it. That's it for now
bankroll: 1848

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter