Thursday, October 12, 2006

Return to my "Roots"

I want to play limit hold'em again. I once again feel invigorated. NL was nice, and I definitely plan on playing more no limit hold'em in the future but as of right now, I feel like really learning short handed LHE. I enjoy it. As much as it pisses me off, and I still believe that you have to be somewhat of a masochist/suicidal person to really play it, it's addicting. It's such a great puzzle.

Bet, raise, check-raised? Is he on a draw? Is my middle pair good? He's playing weird, I think my Ace high is best, I'll call him down.

It's just so interesting. It's such a fun complex puzzle, much harder than .50/1nl, at least. And yes, I think you can def. make money faster in NL but like I keep repeating, I do love this game; so it is important that I beat it convincingly at 2/4, 3/6, 5/10, and 10/20. I'm still currently 2tabling. I feel like I have some major holes in my game, for instance I get tempted to call down w/A high too often, and some plays I pull really don't work too well - either they're too creative/fancy for the stakes I'm playing or they are just bad plays in general. Nevertheless, I'm happy and I think for now I'm going to be playing a lot more sh lhe.

My bankroll is at $2172. Um, while that SEEMS like an improvement, I actually lost about $150 of that today, so technically I'm down (I cleared a $300 bonus today). Oh well, I look forward to this weekend of SHORT HANDED LIMIT HOLD'EM. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about all this :)

Cheers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

limit is your friend! =) Keep Grinding!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter