Friday, September 22, 2006

Weekend Goalllll

I wanna make $1,000 this weekend. I'm giong to try my best to put in 20 hours of play. I cleared my bonus today and now my bankroll is around a healthy 3,700 :) I'd like to push that back into the 4k's again. Basically, I never wanna see the #2 in front of my triple 0's ever again. I was stuck at the 2,000 level for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. Yuck yuck yuck.

I got my new monitor today! I was sooooo happy. I couldn't stop smiling. I saw the UPS man walk by so I had to get the door. Dude, answering the door cost me $30-60 : ( haha. I had a q7 in the big blind and was about to play it...when I came back, my hand was folded and I would've taken down a $60 pot. Oh well. I wasn't playing very well today. Started to get sloppy and then I was just downright confused. blehhhhhh. That's why I didn't put in very many hours today as well, thought it'd be a good time to take a rest. So what did I do? I just played video games all day long. Super productive.

But ya, I would like to make $1,000 this weekend. I'm putting my hopes realistically around $7-900 but $1,000 would be nice. I won't be 4tabling 5/10 yet, I may way til I have 5k and start giving it a shot. But I am going to try and play 8 tables. The plan is to play 4 short handed and 4 full ring, and then gradually I'll play 5 short handed, then 6, and so on.

What I really like about short handed limit hold'em is that it's a really difficult game to make money at. if you're a losing player, you'll lose your money quickly whereas if you're a winning player, you'll take down nice pots but still go through big swings. There's a certain prestige that comes with it I think. It's like you're in the middle of a battlefield surrounded by the enemy, constantly fighting!

Doesn't poker sound super exciting now? :) But ya, short handed really takes a lot more skill than full ring so I really want to improve my game and show I can hold my own. That said, today once again I was reminded of how much of a gap there is between me and the top short handed lhe players. Even when I do make teh switch to No Limit, I'm definitely giong ot keep playing short handed once in awhile so I stay sharp. I'm working hard for this, I don't want to forget it all you know?

Well, time for some more video games and movies. Gnight everyone :)
~Mikey Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter