Monday, August 28, 2006

Almost 1st...Almost.

So close. Soooooooooooo freaking close.

Today I played in the FCP freeroll where you can win a weekend in vegas w/negreanu to play some poker n golf.

I was playing pretty well. Made a few mistakes but man, I was basically cruising towards the final table. On the way, I made one bad call w/a 8,9 and my aces got cracked by QK, thank you mr.turn. But throughout the tourney I stuck with it, quickly rebounded, stuck with my loose approach to tourney poker, and got a nice double up with a 4,2 hand vs someone's QJ.

I believe I entered the final table as 2nd place (130k) and 1st place guy had 139k. I was dealt two pocket pairs which both got outflopped and then I held AA,JJ, and KK, all of which got NO ACTION.

...and then this hand came up.

I'm in the big blind with J6s, UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, everyone folds to me. I push all in for 90k, there was about 12k in the pot.

Uh...he called me with KQ and that took out a big part of my stack.


I ended up losing with a 87 vs KQ hand, I hate KQ. I just don't know how u can call an all in w/KQ, for all your chips!

Really frustrated. I went out in 9th! Ugh. 4 hours of work for nothing. So close yet so far. I think the next time I should really psyche myself up and not worry about the results, rather play more aggressive and put more pressure. I should've taken advantage of how tight people were playing when we just hit the final table. Sick Sick Sick.

At least I know I can play some tourney poker. At least I know...geez. Back to the limit hold'em cash games for me. Maybe some day I'll crack a #1 in an Multi-Table Tournament. ya? ya.


Burnt out for the night. Time for some GLADIATOR.

Goodnight everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

email me lil_shorty509_1@hotmail.com have something to tell you.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter