Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to School...Some Thoughts

I'm going back to school this thursday, the 7th. I don't know when I'll be able to play cards. I hope to get the net set up by friday but it's probably going to be more like monday =/

I'm going to miss so cal. Especially the wonderful girl that I met up with these last few weeks here. This summer has been very relaxing and is ending rather nicely, if you can disregard the fact that I'm about to physically distance myself from someone I deeply care about.

Poker has been a great adventure this summer. I believe the total amount of hours I put in nears 220 hours for cash games. Nowhere near the hours I wanted (40hrs per week, about 160 per month x 3months = 480 hours). I lost a big portion of the money I worked so hard to earn but regardless, I'm working back up, and improving my own game. I believe I could've had a more steady stream of income had I stuck with full ring but I'm determined to beat the short handed game of hold'em. I want to build up to 10k playing short handed, it's more fun, daring, and it really tests your reading abilities. The benefits that come from learning this style are too great to pass up. All abilities transfer to other card games.

I'm grateful for the experience. I'm grateful for this summer. I feel I've learned some, but there's definitely so much more about limit that I need to really learn and absorb. Even though I did not meet the summer goal of 10k, I still feel I did not completely fail. I've learned to let some things go and have begun to accept the whole "let the dice fall where they may" concept, which includes cards, life, and in general, myself. I feel as if I have been enlightened somewhat, my perception has been widened, and I am slowly improving myself to be the person I want to be. I've accepted who I am, meaning that I've realized there are some qualities I cannot change about myself, some characteristics that will always be a part of me, and rather than trying to change them, I'm going to adapt and work hard so that those characteristics, such as stubborness, do not interfere. After all, you are supposed to be yourself, rather than an imitation of someone you think is "cool". However, we all have our faults, and I'm going to rise above it. Whether I succeed or not doesn't really matter so much. It's that journey, and since I have a plan, a general idea of how I am going to approach the next ten years of my life, I feel quite secure. I definitely do.

By the way,

I will not be playing cards for the rest of this week. Instead, I'll be hoping that my football bet wins and the two future tennis bets I'll make with those winnings. By Monday, there will def. be an update :)

Cheers

Michael Song

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post mikey! how bout mentioning the specifics of things you plan on working on? GL 2 U!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter