Thursday, September 21, 2006

Confidence rising

rawrrrrrr

I feel like I have a good hold on short handed games now. There are plenty of times where I cringe when I think about putting in hours to play poker. I hate losing money, i hate it i hate it i hate it, who doesn't? So it gets to me because in games like limit hold'em, its pretty swingy, especially when you're playing 5 or 6max games.

Anyhow, today I started out playing pretty sloppy. But a strange thing happened, and I haven't felt this kind of confidence in awhile! I was completely fine, my inner self was telling me "it's ok, even tho you're down $100-150 already, you'll make it back as long as you put in the hours." That's an incredibly nice feeling, to suddenly believe and know that you're a longterm winner! It's been hard for me to get that kind of confidence, because in July I experienced a horrible swing/didn't really know wth I was doing when I jumped into 3/6. I think I lost at least 1,800 that month. Ugh. So two months later I'm on a comeback, ya? ya.

I quit early tonight tho, I wanted to clear my bonus @ fcp and quickly play on other sites but the fullcontactpoker has been crapping out on me so no more. I don't like to get distracted by outside things, which includes crappy software.

Heh, what's funny/annoying tho is either I'm down $30 or I'm up $150. haha. It's kinda hard to explain why, it's something like, basically the windows started to freeze, so I closed the app and opened it up later, but the table I sat at still popped up! And I had $200 on that table, so if the program updated fast enough, then I am down $30, but if it did not, which I hope it didn't, I'm up $150. Instincts tell me I'm down $30 but oh well, i'm happy w/how I played.

I'm going to clear the bonus by tomorrow, I only need to play for about 2 more hours. Also, if I get my monitor tomorrow, I'm going to establish a big goal for this weekend. I want this weekend to be just poker because I've been so lazy lately. It's important to put in the hours and also to figure out if I can really average $100 an hour :P

See ya!
Mikey Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter