Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Almost broke

shake your head and fingers at me everyone, for I am almost broke.

After the losing session yesterday, I played some more today, this time 5/10 and lost another $600 or so. So what did I do? I decided to take a shot at 10/20! I played one table and at one point was up $300 or something, just 15bbs. And rather than cut my losses at that point (just at teh table), I decided to keep playing since honestly I felt teh game was pretty damn weak and that I was outplaying people. Honestly, I really did get coolered a lot. I didn't really tilt, but I did get sucked out on a lot.

Anyhow, so I lsot $1600 today. Yes. That makes for about a 2.2k loss. I think I'm a pretty bad poker player. Oh well. I've got about 1.7k left. Can I really recuperate? I kind of doubt it. I don't practice bankroll management and i've honestly let the swings get to my head.

Feelings right now: hopeless. More than ever I want to drop out of school, focus on poker play, life itself, and nothing more. I don't want to be distracted. The highest goals for myself right now are:
making $$$ at poker
getting in shape
spending time with my wonderful girlfriend.

This'll be a good post in the future I think. For now, enjoy and revel in my stupidity.

___________________________________________________________________________________

an update. My $1600 loss today has been reduced to a $900 loss. I decided to sit down at blackjack. I ran $400 into $1192. I sat down w/$200 telling myself I'll only take a shot with this set amt. I was betting in $25 increments. I went broke and then put in $200 more saying this'll be the last time. Betting in $25, i rose to $500, then I would bet $50 until I started cranking out a profit. I finally hit 1200. yuck.

What's wrong with me. What happened to the kid who's confident at poker, etc. I don't know. We get into the worst problems when we try to make quick money. I deserved to go broke today. I got lucky, and I want to make a big comeback.

Bankroll is about $2400. I'm almost done clearing a bonus, so hopefully I'll be back to the 3ks again.

I'm an idiot. Think straight mike! think straight! Put in hours. Still got 400bbs left, can easily do it. Can easily make 200bbs back. Easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter