Thursday, February 28, 2008

Struggling a Little

I have a lot more work to do on my game. I do think I'm a low 2-3bb/100 winner @ 3/6nl but there's so much more to improve upon and I don't have the best perspective on No Limit. My coach pointed out that I ask too many "what" questions and not enough why. I also realized, I don't really know what the correct question is...what I should be asking and why I should be questioning certain actions etc.

I end this month at a pretty miserable rate imo but it's also what I get for not putting in more than 35k hands when I definitely definitely had the ability and opportunity to put in 2-3x that. Resolution for March? Put in 100k hands :p 9tabling 4hours a day gets really close to that and that's like barely any work. I don't know how those monsters put in more than 100,000 hands but imo I really should be, especially with the wsop coming up.

Have you guys been watching America's Best Dance Crew? This show is sick! Kaba Modern and Jabbawockeez are amazing. I really like both of them. Kaba has a really great style that seems to really fit with each song they do and they excel at performing imo but Jabbawockeez seems to really be in their own world. I'd call them the more creative of the two but really I think they're both pretty close.





oh man, i love the way they start their dance. THe first 10-20 seconds is awesome.

Back to poker...let's see. yesterday wasn't fun either but I was happy to end down 2k rather than 5k. It was pretty interesting actually. I thought I played fairly well although I do know that I was trying to win too many pots, however when I saw I was down 5k, I wasn't really tilted. Moreso confused. It's starting to get hard to improve now. This is where the great players really start to separate from the good players imo and so far I'm stuck in sub-par category. I do know that a leak of mine is that I want to win every pot and in my second session today where I make 5 buy ins back, a lot of it came from better poker...going with the flow, not trying to win every pot, not forcing the action or trying to muscle my way through every hand. I should try to play more like that : )

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

this was my fav. hand

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2175071

we have a good amount of history and villain hates my guts, or at least it seems like it. He just never has an ace here. If he does, it's because he's outleveling me with the whole "I know that he knows" but honestly, I didn't give it much thought. Which is funny too cuz if I was 4tabling I'd be like, oh man, such a big raise, it's just not worth it which is true but while 12tabling, without looking at the betsize, it was an easier call lol.

It's just not a very good flop to raise unless your raise induces a shove from worse. Very rare/hard to happen.

I'm going to boston for a week. Irvine is getting so nice n warm too! Oh well, it's been awhile since I've seen snow and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and cousin. Have a good leap year :D

-Mike

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn sick moves in that dance show. Thanks for posting now I can spend some time on youtube :D

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter