Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I won the Bodog 100k Tournament!

:D

title says it all. My friend cobaltblue was playing for 1.5 hours and then he called me to take over him since he had to go to a superbowl party. To be honest, I didn't pay attention for like the first 4 hours. I was 4tabling AP, watching a cardrunners' vid, and then when I realized I was deep, I started to focus :D

Fun times. I used to grind out sngs a long while back but I really hate online tourneys, I feel like a kid in detention because i'm forced to sit there the whole damn time! grrrr. I played a pretty TAG game imo. Stealing the button when I could, 3betting only premiums, pretty textbook stuff.

I sucked out twice, a5 > AT and 8s > 9s, I flopped a set :D

The last hand of the tourney I had KK, blinds 15/30k, he has 600k and I cover. He makes it 78k, I call w/the intention to cr any drawy flop.

Flop:

k 2 2 - LOL. I check/call

Turn:

7 - check/call

river:

Ace - Gin! Check/raise all in! He calls w/A7. Ship the 25k first place prize :D

Because I played for about 75% of the total tourney time, I pretty much got that much. 19,250 is my cut : )

cobalt: you realize that for the last 3 years this is the tourney I've been trying to win?

This was my first bodog tourney ever :D Winning it was so funny. I had cobalt on the phone and we just started laughing hysterically when I won. It wasn't til hours later I was like "holy shit, I really just won Bodog's 100k tourney...and i'm 20k richer! what the hell?!" To celebrate, I had pizza, watched lost in translation...and that's it :p

The last 2 days have been pretty great. I played only 1,000 hands today...just look at this! Look how sexy these stats/graphs are! And according to EV, i ran slightly bad :D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

later

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gratz man! Nice victory :))

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, but i would edit your post and not make this public knowledge because of all the blowback from account sharing these days...

12:17 PM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

I would however the fact is there was no cheating and I gained no edge by taking over his account. He only played the first 1.5 hrs (silly) and then I took over w/like a 2200 chipstack at 50/100 blinds.

totally different than buying someone's acct who is like 3/4s the way through a tournament.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter