Thursday, January 10, 2008

Slowly I Get Back to Work

I'm here in San Diego until Sunday. That's when all my friends leave town I believe.

I just put in a session this morning and I feel I played pretty well. There was a mistake or two that I'm not happy about but I'm getting back into my groove. I might stick to only 4tables for now until I really get comfortable. I can play my A game for sure on 4tables but anything more than that and I probably start slipping some. I eventually do want to get back to 9tabling but for now I want to review situations and make sure I'm thinking things through correctly.

Guh, I'm pretty sluggish right now. An hour and a half ago (6am) I couldn't sleep and could only think about poker. See! Even though I'm not playing, I'm still studying a teeny bit :D So anyways, I couldn't sleeep and thought this would be a great time to put in a session. I feel good about it and my confidence is there. However I had to quit a little less than an hour in as my concentration started to dropppppppppppp. You know that nice little fuzzy feeling u get when you're tired? Yeah, I felt that creeping in and I couldn't put people on hand ranges anymore. You know you really have to quit when PREFLOP becomes a hard decision.

Here's a "mistake" that I think I made. Actually I butchered the whole hand now that I think about it.

Villain is a lagtard. he is 46/38.

I'm not happy about preflop because even though his stats say he's off the wall, I don't know if he's 3betting ME lightly. I actually don't think calling here is bad at all and it's probably the correct call versus his range. However lately I've been thinking about playing a bit smarter and this would be one of those moments where folding is better imo because I have no sense of how villain plays. It's really close between folding and calling and for now I'd like to get myself into the rhythm of making smart moves based on information rather than assumption. you can always 4bet but I'm just not into that whole style.



No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $373.50
UTG+1: $634
CO: $486
Mikey: $900
SB: $744
BB: $600

Pre-flop: (6 players) Mikey is Button with 8h 5h
3 folds, Mikey raises to $21, SB raises to $60, BB folds, Mikey calls.

Flop: js ac 5c ($126, 2 players)
SB checks, Mikey checks.

Turn: 3s ($126, 2 players)
SB checks, Mikey checks.

River: 6d ($126, 2 players)
SB checks, Mikey checks.

Results:
Final pot: $126


I'm going to write my thoughts below this but as an exercise I think you should think about how the hand is played and whether I should've bet on flop turn or river and think about WHY I should.



analysis:

I knew I really had to quit my tables after this hand. On the turn, it's just obvious he doesn't have an ace. I checked the flop because I was afraid of getting cr'd off my hand. On the turn, he's not checking an ace or a set or really anything strong as well as flush draws. So given that, he's most likely holding a pocket pair. Betting turn and river would be sexy here.

Alright, I'm really tired. I just can't sleep though. Have a good day everyone : )

Mikey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter