Sunday, January 27, 2008

They Call Me the $600 Mountain Climber!

o man this week hit me hard. It was going fine, a little struggle here and there but had a nice 2k profit then BAM. Enter Thursday: OH HI, -7 buy ins. Friday: OH HI, -10 buy ins. I got ownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned bad in 2 days.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I def. tilted a bit while swinging down. I could've saved at least 2-3 buy ins imo. at least.

I felt so shitty after my morning session on Friday. I had never lost 10k before and it really hurt my confidence. I had just lost 6k in one morning session and so I decided it was time to pull out my anti-tilt secret, nap time! :D Woke up a few hours later, played some video games for an hour or two, popped up some more tables, ran bad, and quit.

I've hit 2 or 3 4 of a kinds, 1 royal flush, 1 straight flush, and I'm still losing money, wtf?! You can imagine the kind of hit this would take to your confidence. I really felt awful, that I had all these leaks that I wasn't spotting and that I had gotten too cocky and it's all my fault that I lost all this money, wah wah wah.

Well. Saturday started out really nicely. I woke up at 8am for a few mins, then went back to sleep and woke up 2hours later lol. Got some milk n cereal, woke up the roommate, and proceeded to work. Morning hours imo are some of the fishiest. Session goes by in a blur, I seal the deal w/a 3 buy in profit. I'm still feeling really bad though. All i can think about is how i'm down 9.2k and how many hours of work it's going to take to get that back.

Break time! I msg my friend who is an insanely good pianist/turned poker pro and we go get lunch. If you live in Irvine, CA, you have to go to Koba Tofu on Culver. It's so damn good. My fav. Soon Doo Boo place ever (korean food). We talked about minbetting and man do I feel confident about my LHE game. I've never really tested myself at high stakes but I'm very very confident in my HU to 6handed game at midstakes. Now that I think about it, the lunch really helped my confidence. It reminded me of how much faith I have in my lhe game and before I knew it, I was itching to go back home and log in some hands!

4pm - I'm home! Alright...let's play some DoTA! I suddenly lost the urge to play so I killed 2 or so hours with my roommate. I have a love/hate relationship with DoTA. I love the phantom lancer and clinkz but I hate how long it takes for the game to progress. It just seems like half the game, if not all of it, is just moving your hero up and down, up and down, up a little further, and down again. ZZZzzz

8pm roommate leaves...I somehow doddle.

Then randomly at 10:06pm I decided to play some poker! I slowly open more and more tables and soon enough i have 9 going. I couldn't believe it! These tables were so juicy! I was like the only regular. There were at least 2 if not 3 fish on every table! And then the pots just came in. Pot after pot after pot. It was great. My favorite form of poker! I rarely got 3bet and rarely did I bother to even 3bet someone with trash. I got to play the way I wanted to. As much as I love pushing people around, I love seeing flops and playing the board. That minbet side of me still exists : ) For once I was in total control. There were only a few times someone gave me resistance but for the most part, I just ran the tables over. But the best thing is, the fish. They were so bad. Thank you so much for playing! You should see some of the hands I won.

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=88531&st=14520

KK vs KQ top pair on a flush draw flop for like 150-200bbs? lol! Boat vs trips in which villain just coulnd't lay it down :D And how many times did I stack KK on an ace high flop? That was the best part, I did it at least twice. That never happens because the players I go against aren't bad like that!

You know the whole time I was playing, I was too afraid to look at my cashier. I just didn't want to look at the money. I was raking in pots and playing well, there was no reason to look. I did look at the clock though and before I knew it, I had put in 4 straight hours! The action was that good and that crazy. There was no time to eat or play. haha, it got to the point where I tried to take a really fast piss break in between hands. Surely you guys have done that right? As soon as you notice u have no action, u click the "fold" buttons and run like hell and hope u don't miss AA.


Woof. After I was done, I checked the clock, 4.5 hours! And then my cashier...*drum roll*.... +10k! : ) Oh boy was I excited. I told my friends and then while I was looking at my cashier I realized oh shit, what if my friend paid me 5k back? I look at the history, FUCK! SO I DIDN'T JUST EARN 10K AND SHIT MY PANTS FOR NOTHING?

Nope cause I forgot to look at the date :D That xfer was the one I made to him. So I did in fact make 10k : ) It was a very good day/night. Oh and Djokovic won the Aussie Open! WhoooO!!

here's what a 16-17 buy in upswing looks like:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

what does pEV say?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

gnight and good luck : )

-Mikey

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet man. That's definitely a ++confidence result :D

Btw about this coaching thing you talked about in your previous post. Will you post any videos about that here? Would be cool.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter