Saturday, January 05, 2008

Vacation!!!!!!! Sort of

I haven't played a hand of poker yet in 2008. There were several times where I meant to but in the end, I bailed out. I got my ps3 yesterday so I finally got to play some Guitar Hero III :D I was really happy to see that they have Knights of Cydonia by Muse. Problem is, it's really hard! It's the first one that gave me a lot of trouble, that and the 2nd boss...grr..

i do intend to play some poker today. Mainly some NL. I won't touch limit til next week and I don't think I will be in full force til I go back to my apartment in Irvine. For now, friends have priority unless there's an extremely juicy game running...but let's be honest, this is 3/6nl, not 100/200nl. When am I going to find someone so juicy that I just have to sit? Although in LHE, I can think of a few players to do that with, heh.

I got into a little e-fight with someone from fcp. It was pretty silly and I don't know why I decided to call him out but oh well. Mtdesmoines gives bad advice and I really think people should not take his posts seriously in the nl strat forum. There've been some ridiculous folds he recommends post and pre. Moreso about postflop though. Anyhow, I thought it was funny that the hand we argued about, he later said he misplayed until the original poster wrote the results. Alright, well if he hit a 6 outer, obviously my advice was wrong eh? :p

It's funny but NL is complicated in its own way. While people say LHE is a harder game, and it probably is once you get to high stakes, there are also a lot of little things in NL that can determine whether you are a loser or a winner. I think one of the harder rhythms to grasp is value betting. When I picked up the game, that's what I saw first, the rhythm my roommate went at. TP goes bet, check, bet on flop, turn, and river respectively while in lhe it's bet/3bet bet bet bet bet lol. But there are times when tp or overpair can go for 3 bets and I really do think when you can determine that, your edge over people rises considerably. Just think about it, not only are you getting 3 streets of value, but your 2nd bet makes the pot even bigger allowing you for more value on the river! Not necessarily a full stack but perhaps 2/3. Not too bad!

-Mikey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter