Thursday, January 17, 2008

Monies Monies!

Whooo I'm making money!

3/6NL is going well. I am playing a pretty good game for the most part, but am still making mistakes. I will never be satisfied with being a 3bb winner at these stakes. Actually, probably in general I won't. I am competitive and I want to be a 5bb winner at all stakes. It's probably impossible at 10/20+ but damnit, I want that winrate. 5bb/100 means..YOURE A BEAST! And so until I reach that over a good sample size, I won't be content.

Here's a hand I misplayed today imo:

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
5 players

Stack sizes:
Mikey: $621.90
CO: $666
Button: $600.25
SB: $394.35
BB: $102

Pre-flop: (5 players) Mikey is UTG with 5h 5s
Mikey raises to $21, CO folds, Button raises to $72, 2 folds, Mikey calls.

Flop: 7s 2c 5c ($153, 2 players)
Mikey checks, Button checks.

Turn: 9d ($153, 2 players)
Mikey bets $102, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: $102 returned to Mikey.

Results:
Final pot: $153


Villain had been 3betting me a lot and when he checks behind flop, I should pin his range more towards air than anything. Flush draw bets, overpairs bet, and air either bets or gives up. Rarely do you see an overpair check behind here, which imo is a pretty bad move.

Therefore, I should've check-raised the turn and if that whiffed, gone for a check-raise on the river seeing as how air isn't calling any bet.

That said, it actually might be close because in some cases, 8s-TT might check behind flop for pot control. However, i didn't really have that kind of read on villain and should've went for his most likely holding, air.

nothign else to say, gl : )

mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter