Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I want to quit NL for a few days

it's unfortunate that it's Christmas time but right now I really want to stop playing No Limit. This month has been pretty damn swingy for me, especially last week. I'm having just big swings in both directions, including a 9.6 bi upswing in 1 day! At this point, my nl game is deteriorating. I'm not accurately, and possibly not even, thinking about hand ranges. It's more like, uhhhh, he doesn't have this here that often, ok I'll bet it...MOTHERFUCKER.

Stuff like that.

My limit hold'em game is still good though. If it weren't hunting season, I'd seriously just focus on LHE until I felt better, but with all the fish around, I gotta get back out there and take down some pots! I had a nice 2k win at 15/30 lhe yesterday :D It's funny but playing NL did improve my play in some spots in lhe. I'm proud of getting in thinner value 3bets on the turn and usually being correct.

It's definitely fish season but man, I'm getting owned by the dumbest hands : / And don't get me wrong, I love having these people here, I just wish I hit something! literally, something!

Look!


Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $591
UTG+1: $1856.70
Hero: $660
Button: $1253.05
SB: $594
BB: $825

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 8c tc
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button raises to $54, 4 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 5c 2h 4c ($129, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $108, Hero raises to $318, Button raises to $528, Hero raises all-in $606, Button calls.

Turn: qd ($1341, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $1341)


River: 5d ($1341, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $1341)


Results:
Final pot: $1341

Oh Hi he had AcKs for a monster draw on the flop...YEAH OK BUDDY, KEEP THINKING THAT

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $631
UTG+1: $1821.80
CO: $657
Button: $597
Hero: $632.25
BB: $1099.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 8h 6h
3 folds, Button raises to $18, Hero raises to $60, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: 9h 3c 7s ($126, 2 players)
Hero bets $84, Button calls.

Turn: 4s ($294, 2 players)
Hero bets $222, Button raises all-in $453, Hero calls.

River: 4d ($1200, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $1200)


Results:
Final pot: $1200
Hero showed 8h 6h
Villain has Kd3d

I don't know, I guess he thought he was making a huge bluff here. like seriously wtf.

It's funny, in both hands, if I had just hit A PAIR, I would've taken down the pot! Come on, how gross is that? That's $2400 I've blown on 10 high and 8 high. I think the only adjustment I'm going to make right now is to bet BIGGER and show that I'm pot committed. I like to bet enough that doesn't pot commit me so I let villains think they have some bluff equity...but that really should only be reserved for thinking players. I honestly think these guys thought they were making great bluffs @_@

Merry Christmas everyone


My graph from last 10k hands : / Oh, and BI = Buy Ins. I play 3/6nl = $600 buy in
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some serious MSPaint skills you got there! :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

lol!

I wish I was good at drawing. I would have so much fun with these!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen 1 of your videos from stoxpoker (the other one is in queue) and really liked it. I've also read your post on their forums about you leaving the stoxpoker community which is unfortunate imo.

I was wondering if you will also post any limit videos here? Which would be awesome.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

that's actually a pretty cool idea.

Tbh though, making a video is a really tedious process and right now, camtasia isn't working too well with my computer : /

But sometime in the future when i fix everything up, I plan on recording my sessions to improve even more, so mb I"ll copy thebryce and put up a vid from one of those! :D

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I noticed how your screen (at least in the video) would have big lag bursts of 3-4 seconds. Maybe this is something with low frame rate settings while producing or isn't that the problem you're talking about?

The note taking you did in your videos already helped spot more playing patterns of my opponents. So I don't care if you'll record it with focus on your own improvement. I'll take any limit video!

gogo fix computer! ;D

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter