Sunday, July 23, 2006

SWINGS 2! And....The Bet.

ok
so this week i had a

-200bb hit in 5 hours
-50 bb in 1hr hit
-50bb in 20 mins hit

i somehow tilted in the 5 hours to the point where I can't exactly remember what happened.
don't recall the 1hr hit, all I know is I recovered safely.


And imagine my frustration today, I finally pulled my broll to the 1k mark, then I decide to put in some more hours and BOOM, -50bbs in 20 mins. Boy was I pissed. After these losing sessions, I've been expecting some kinda big rush. Oh well.

I want this rush to hit next week though :)

why?


My buddy nick, who makes his money from playing SNG's (he 12 tables now), made a bet with me. I always told him cash game is the way to go, especially limit for low stakes, and so he keeps trying to prove that he can make more playing SnG's. He probably does make more than me 12 tabling $20 sng's than I do 4 tabling 3/6 - although right now i can only 3 table =/ Oh well.

The bet

first one to make 10k + the broll we have now wins.
my br: 1844.32
nick's: 2.1k (he chose the #)

wager

Dinner @ Spicy City in San Diego and $1,000


how confident am I? I'm actually kind of thankful that I took the 200bb hit and the 2 50bb hits. Why? Those hit me very very hard. I'm taking this super seriously and I'm more focused than ever. I believe I can definitely grind it out and make 2k a week. I just recovered from a -200bb hit fellas! I'm also going to be playing the $215 pokerstars tourney so one nice win there takes down the bet (but I won't tell him if I make more than 10k there cuz I believe I can beat him playing limit as well - I'll only show it if the race gets close =). I'm so confident and so motivated to play. I'm going to finish my SSHE book (re-reading it) and possibly might take a look at sklansky's other advanced hold'em book. And before I play the pokerstars mtt's, I'm gonna take a look at the vids I have of raymer and zeejustin playing. Gotta make sure I don't have any holes in my game!

I know one of my friends would definitely tell me I'm a dumbshit for taking this bet. That frustrates me so. 1 for lack of faith and 2 for not being understanding. He thinks i'm an idiot for taking up poker and blah blah blah blah. There's just no convincing him.

Anyhow, I'm a firm believer in putting your money where your mouth is. Ask anyone. If I think someone is wrong, I'm willing to place a bet on the outcome/answer. The few bets my friend, the same friend, took - he lost! haha. One time we bet $5 that Nickel City was open (it was 11pm). I won that one, hahaha, what a funny bet. Anyhow, a real man doesn't back down from his statement. He can be wrong and apologize but as much shame as there is in being wrong, there's so much more in being a hypocrite. How dare you say something and not back it up. I'm not a fan of those types of people. Have something to say? Want to criticize all the time? Then prove your worth. Don't try to hide your insecurities by verbally abusing others.

It's time for bed guys.

Gnight friends.
I'm fired up.
Yours,
Mikey Song

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you have rougly $1800, how many tables you planning on playing? And what limits?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

I play 3 tables @ world poker exchange - 3/6 limit hold'em.

If they would let me play 4 tables I would, for some reason there's a 3 table cap =/

5:49 PM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

multi-tabling is advantageous. One of the respected posteres on fullcontactpoker.com said that his winrate went down by .2 when he multi-tabled.

Now, by 3 or 4 tabling, you're generating that much more rake! And since you're seeing more hands per hour, rather than making a standard 2bb per hour, you may make up to 8 or 9 - 9 if you're killing the game.

so after this week I'll have a rough idea of my winrate @ wpx.

Should be about $60 an hour, 30 from 3/6 and 30 from rakeback.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many hours do you play a week?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

I haven't been on a consistent schedule but this week I put in 25.5 hours

I plan to put in at least that much this week, if not at least 30 hours.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter