Friday, July 21, 2006

-200bb @ limit hold'em...in one day!

ok so in the course of like 4 or 5 hours I somehow managed to drop 200bb @ 3/6 limit hold'em just 3 tabling...First of all, some of this is definitely attributed to variance. Before today, I only got to play about like 3 hours of poker this week and during that short stint, I made about 35bbs and had a mad rush of cards. I saw AA like 5x, AK 5x, 10s 5x, Js 5x, and the list goes on. It was pretty sick. Then...today I started out well, first hand AA and after that things just went downhill.

2nd fault - I definitely got caught up in the wind. The beats were getting so painful that really the session just flew by like a blur. I keep telling myself hours and not results but what good is that when u're going apeshit? :(

Anyhow. BR was super low, but I decided I was gonna see how long I could it going so at least I could get some more rake back. Well, there were only two full ring 3/6 games going on post 9pm pst so I joined a 200 NL table!

UH OH

I bought in for 40. Went all in, guy called me w/a like a8o.
rebought 50 - all in - I came out on top. Then I get AKsuited, i go all in he calls with AJ suited. J on turn. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
rebought 200 - punk leaves but there are a few at the table. I take someone's 150 roll when I hit the straight on the turn (he had KK). Then picked up a few more pots.

So...I really do like NL. I can't wait to build the bankroll to be able to play NL but I don't think that'll happen til the end of August =/ Unless I can put in a hell of a lot more hours per week.

I know guys, my br management is really dumb and bad. But I still learned a lesson. Before I make the move to NL, I'm definitely going to make that extra 2k back and put it back in my fidelity account and load up on some stocks again - another project I'd love to learn and do in the near future. I figure when I hit 5k, I'll try some full ring 5/10 limit - hopefully I can break even to get more rake! When I hit 10k, I'm going to stop and play 400nl.

Rough times man, rough rough rough. This is my only source of income. Gonna keep on fighting!

br - 916ish + Rakeback 540ish = up $100 this week =/ wtfff. I'm for sure putting in more hours. I want like 1.5k in rakeback and I better freaking grind it out better at 3/6 from now on. I re-read some Sklansky's SMALL STAKES HOLD'EM and actually I felt like I played a little better tonight, hah.

gnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter