Tuesday, June 20, 2006

BooHoo Part 2

Grrr. 3am - I look around, one other 4/8 table and 2 no limit tables - one which had a very cute Chinese girl. What to do what to do...NO LIMIT it is! $1/3 - buy in $100-300. I figured I'll make a go at it and see if I could impress her or not. So I buy in, I have like 280 or 290 on me. She's chatting away, didn't really pay me much attention though D:

What's her name by the way...I don't know! I saw her walking around. She's really skinny..as for height, I couldn't tell you because I never stood up so I couldn't measure. Um, she had tight jeans on, I think some kind of chain belt, a pink low cut shirt and a light light jacket/sweater on? I don't know what those are called. She wears lotsa make up and has a high kind of voice, not squeaky high but fairly high.

Anyhow, she was chatting it up, in a cute way too. While I was playing 4/8, I said 'wow she's cute' and the dealer said "yep." I asked him if she plays here a bunch, "yep," is she good? "Yeah, she's really good at no limit"

Well I'll tell you right now, I have absolutely no idea if she's good. I'll explain.

So we're playing the game. Chubby woman in seat 6 or 7 keeps betting big when people limp in and it's obviously pissing everyone off. From what I gathered from their remarks, she has a reputation for doing this and plays the 1/3 regularly - haha. At one point she goes all in in the dark. Cute Chinese Girl says she's all in in the dark as well. Whaaaaaaat? yeah, she loves to gamble. I find that attractive and scary at the same time. People who are willing to gamble and can still smile and laugh it off have a lot more to them than just a smile, I can tell you that. It takes a scary amount of discipline and will power to do so, at least in most circumstances - being insanely rich, super smashed (bros! hahahhahah :o), high are some of the exceptions.

So ya, chubby woman gets AQ and wins that battle, haha.

I should've broken this post into two. Oh well. Omg omg omg. I hit enter a few times and the page went back to the main page. Ahhhh i was scared. Then I hit back and everything I wrote was still here! I love you blogspot :) And I love you you comp nerds who programmed this. Beautiful work. Much appreciated.

I didn't pick the best seat to play in by the way. Guy on my left was super chip leader w/like $1000, guy on my right played very aggressively. Frown face dudes. Well, lucky for me, I picked up pocket 10s. I limp under the gun, super chip leader raises to $20, everyone folds except for aggro on my right, he raises to $100. For the love of God man. I call, and so does chip leader, noooo. Flop: 994. Let's see, there's like 300 in the pot, I want it down now so...I move all in for about 160. Guy on my left is just thinking, he wants to call, he wants to call, finally he folds and so does aggro on my right - he had pocket 3s. Chip leader told me he had AK - I'm so glad he didn't race. I was thinking that variance would've still screwed me over. Taking down that $300 was good enough for me.

Another beautiful moment happened after this hand. I had a3 and limped in cut off, big blind raised to $20 and i called. Flop was Js 9c 2s. He bet $20, and I was thinking about raising it to $60, to see a free turn - this is a textbook play you make in limit hold'em. Heh, while doing that, I even took out the chips and started counting them in front of me, then I told myself no and just called. Turn, 4d. Yay, at least if a 5 comes out he won't see it coming. Now he bets $40 so I call - I'm obviously looking to stack him - take his whole stack if the flush hits. River is a 9 - doh! I was putting him on a set. But...he checked. I immediately sense weakness, immediately sense it. There was no doubt he was scared. I didn't even have to study him, one glance and I knew it. He would've bet it if he had it. I knew exactly what to do. I took a stack of $100 and bet it. He folds, "nice boat," and I show him the a3spades. Man, nothing like making a great read and executing a nice play, no matter how small :D

Haha, so right after I show him,
cute chinese girl says: you're korean aren't you.
me: yeah, how'd you know?
cute chinese girl: Because koreans are aggressive, and they rub it in people's faces when they bluff.
me sheepishly: wow...I've never had my ethnicity identified by the way I play poker..

Hot. I found that to be really really hot. Cuuuuute girl just won a lot of points in my book. After that first mini-chat, she started to speak a few korean words to me. When I told my friend this, he said she was flirting with me. Was she really? Damn I'm oblivious. I really am. Oh well. Even though I found this girl to be really cute, I don't really see myself ever dating her. She's definitely make out material but 1) she smokes 2) I'm pretty sure she's aggressive as hell. Girl: I beat the shit out of my roommates dog in front of her. I woke up and I always smoke when I wake up and he chewed my new pack of cigarrettes" 3) I get the feeling she's also been around. I know it doesn't bother some people but, I don't really like that kind of thing. I'd rather get it right once with a girl than have to date multiple times. You can learn so much about one person, I just dont' see or feel the need to "learn" about more girls in an intimate way.

Oh, and if showing your cards is really disrespectful, I didn't know. I just wanted him to know that I didn't have the boat so he wouldn't be stuck thinking about that hand for the rest of the night. I even said: I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect you like that, I just wanted to show you the hand.
to which he replied: No I understand, that's poker.

At one point, there was a pot between super Chip Leader and big aggressive guy on my right. The board was something like 10h Qc 2c 7h Jd. Already like two or three hundred in the pot. Chip leader first to act says, I'm all in, and guy on my right instantly says call. Chip leader: shit.

Hands:
Chip leader: AcKc - flush and gutshot straight draw.

Guy on my right? Boy did I feel sorry for him. Kh9h. yeah what? To me, it was incredibly obvious the chip leader had a straight. The guy was in love with AK. I noticed everytime he had it, he raised to $20. So guy on my right is really down and now he's trying to redeem himself (tilt) and buys in for $100. Starts betting big, goes all in in the dark, and guess who called? Yup, cute chinese girl with pocketpair and lost. Man I felt sorry for her. This happened a few times and she kept losing with pocket pair. I think he busted her out so now aggro has $200 again. grreaat. Girl goes on a smoke break and then this hand happens:

A 6 A. This is a jackpot hand. Aces full (fullhouse) beat by 4 of a kind or better takes down the jackpot. The winner of the hand would get 25% of the pot, so 4k in this case, loser takes down 8k - 50%. Chipleader says - hey guys, listen, I'm just going to check. Dude with music on bets like $50 - what the hell man. Other person folds (he folded pocket 10s). Turn 4 - chipleader says he's going to check, and then the dude with music on bets $270. We're all like, what are you doing, there's a jackpot hand right here. He didn't really say anything...chipleader thinks for a long time, and calls. Wow - what a gambling. River - blank. that was a downer. big big downer. The chipleader was so steamed that after the next hand he racked up and cashed out. We explained to teh guy who finally took his earphones out, haha, and he apologized. At least he knows now.

Money hand!
So anyways, chipleader now leaves, and then soon after man-who-messed-up-jackpot (doesn't that sound indian?) takes a break. There's like 5 of us left. I get pocket As in the big Blind, can you ask for a better spot preflop with these guys? Guy on my left raises to 19, cut off calls, and aggro-tilting-ma-on-dealer-button raises to $38. I said in a frustrated voice, "ok, $100." Guy on left hems and haws and then folds - he folded pocket 10s, wow, he was really tired too, I'm kinda surprised he folded. cut off goes all in, he has like $40 more, and then aggro guy goes all in for an additional $100 so I instacall. What do I have? Come on, it's pretty obvious.

I have AA $$$$$$$$

yeah, you thought there were going to be exclamation points again. Wrong!!! Cut off has KQ - what? and aggro has pocket Jacks. ouch. one of the guys watching says: AJ10! I'm like what the hell, don't say that. And now my heart is beating fast, very very fast. thump thump thump thump. Flop is all low, 2 8 4 4 6. YES!!! YES!!!

That. was. awesome. I was so happy they stood. sooo so happy. Aggro guy says nice hand, you have a good night sir. Aww, I felt bad about taking his money, but I was a little too happy at the time.

So now it's short handed, jackpot man comes back, we play some more hands, cute girl comes back but doesn't want to play so dealer asks if we want to continue or not. The guy on my left says no, so I say, alright, one more hand, let's all put $10 and just check it down. Flop - 889, I look at my hole cards "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I had 88. Last hand of the night, and I flop a house! Guy on my left has pocket 4s! haha, and the other dude has 2,3hearts. Oh man..I wish I didn't do that, there's a good chance guy on my left would've bet that pot out. Oh well, I think that's how all no limit games should end. Put 3 times the big blind and watch the cards do their stuff.

In the end, I cashed out $842. Not bad for a 2 hour session where I started with like $280 :)

This post took forever to wrote. I'm going to bed. Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter