Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Done for the Day - Superstition or Pansy

current broll: 4121

yeah that's sexy! Even though I'm $6 down from my last post! I finally got to play yesterday after that long break and ended up losing about $200 (33bb) yesterday, which was a downer of course. One guy hit a rush and omega slammed one of my tables, and the rest I was getting ouch'd, KK vs 22 - 22 hits a set, nooooooooooo. Painful painful painful.

So I wake up this morning to play, started off losing $150 in like 10 mins! I kept missing flops, and then when I got AQ, A2 2paired me, wthhhh. So I reloaded, played strong, and ended up busting the table. It got down to a heads up between me and this one guy, and I broke him! I've tried heads up games in the past and haven't been very successful at it so I was really happy to see that I finally PWNED someone.

I started getting a little tired so I decided to try some 1/2NL - buy-in $200max. That was a sexy session, earned $198 in 1 hour. My friend told me about cardrunners.com so I after doing some reading I decided to buy the membership and I'm happy I did. I have a strong understanding of both forms of hold'em so I didn't need the videos to teach me, but rather show me how a high stakes player approaches the game. Understanding the mindset of Green Plastic helped me a lot mentally, and to me that's one of the most important aspects of the game, mentality along with guts.

GP labeled himself as a lag player yet while watching him, I realized he isn't very reckless. His moves are very methodical, calculated, and low-risk. He goes with the flow, whereas I'm more of a player who tries to buy pots and make you fold top pair. I learned that my style isn't necessary and I played like him today during the NL session and found it to be quite successful :)

In any game I play and understand, my biggest goal is to control the game. I want to put pressure on the opponent, I want him to make him feel like he's losing, even if statistically it shows otherwise. That feeling can lead to one big blunder and that's all it takes in NL games. Besides, I love that feeling where you're in charge and everything is falling according to plan. It's beauty and it's extremely hard to gain and maintain that image.

haha, when I was first playing poker, I used to call raises, even though I knew I was beat, so that I could fold on the turn. What? Basically, I hated losing the power struggle and by folding on the turn, I'd tell myself - at least he won't know that I was bluffing.

So now that I made $380 today in teh course of basically 2-3 hours, I lost the urge to play for the rest of the day. Do you guys do this? Have a quick good session and then quit? I have this stupid fear of playing again and possibly losing my winnings. There's just no way I can play today with that mentality. How illogical right? My stats say I'm a winning player and I know I'm a winning player, yet I don't want to risk playing because there's always a chance I'll lose. I'm just going to enter the arena tomorrow believing I'll crush the opposition again.

Superstition? That my luck/variance will run out and go the other way? Or am I being a pansy? I'm going with pansy : (

Toodles
mikey song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter