Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Gambling = Ruin!

So, I've been getting destroyed at absolute poker in the short handed games. Personally i don't think my limit game is bad but the stats say it is so and since I've had multiple huge losses, I've decided to go back to full ring.

Oh, I skipped a lot of things though.

I got so frustrated with -100bb sessions I blew 1.1k at blackjack. My last 1.1k from poker actually. Oh man, I did get really unlucky in those bj hands, double down - dealer 21. Split, bet, dealer gets 21. NOO!!!

Well, I learned a valuable lesson, or did I? I gotta tell myself to stay away from blackjack foreverrrr but I know I won't.

So technically I went broke.

But...I had 2k in stocks @ sony so...sold it all, and am gonna rebuild as fast as possible. I'm actually glad I went broke. I've opened my eyes more and came up with a plan.

Play at World Poker Exchange and take advantage of the 100% rakeback.
3 tables there - 6bb per hour in rake average! And I'm playing full ring again and my confidence is back dudes. Full ring is how I built my original 500 stack into 4.4k sooooo gonna do it at 3/6.

Plan:
30 hours a week at Wpex - $1080 in rake. And if I'm a 2bb/100 winner - that means I should be making $36 an hour on my own. Potentially I can make 2k a week if I can play 30 hours.

Summer school is raping me and taking off a lot of hours though =/ But I want this badly and I'm glad I lost that money. I was getting really cocky, really really cocky. But I won't be so glad if I do go broke though ^^

Goal:
5k playing 3/6 (and I may try some 5/10 when I hit 3k). Once I hit 5k, I'm going to try multi-tabling 200nl at wpex. It really depends though. I have to be making more playing NL than limit + rake.

I'm excited. Oh, and lesson learned. I'm definitely going to keep back up rolls. I'm going to make that 2k back and put it back in stocks. And as time goes on, I'm going to keep adding money into there so that if I'm ever stupid and gamble away the rest of my br again, I'll have enough to rebuild fast.

Sick. Gambling is so sick. laterrr

p.s. If I am making 1k a week, I'm going to play in those million dollar tourneys at pokerstars and partypoker. Go super $$$!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter