Saturday, June 03, 2006

Short Handed funnnnn

ooo so after that one hour where i made a nice $241, I ran into two 50bb losing sessions. That hurt the self-esteem train a little but today was nice, I played for a few hours and after being down an additional $150, i managed to overcome that and make 9bbs.

More importantly, that definitely helped my self-esteem. I was afraid that I am a huge loser at the short handed game but coming back from another semi-big losing session was a nice confident booster. Gotta keep my head straight, play calm, and make +ev moves :)

I've been goofing around too much at home though! I've only put in like 12 hours this week of hold'em. Um...I originally planned to put in 40 hours a week? hah...Ya, friends are too distracting. But also I have a weird sleeping schedule...I sleep at like 3amish and for some reason I can't sleep past 9am!!! Then I get tired around 3pm and take another 3-4 hour nap. Meh.

I think there's such good potential for me to make $$$ in the short handed tables that it's really important that I learn to beat them, even if I lose a lot of money at first. Mainly, aside from the money, you see so many hands that it tests your knowledge of the game, especially when you're playing a LAG style rather than an easy TAG style in a 9 handed game.

I love bonuses, I'm almost done clearing a $300 bonus at full contact poker, and it's nice to get back some money you may have lost :p I'm going to keep putting in hours in 2/4 short handed until my stats convince me that I'm a winning player, then off to 3/6.

I gotta improve fast!!!! I made up my mind. I really really really want to go to Hawaii this summer, for fun. I'll have to find a friend to take (I learned from my mistake of going to Korea alone) but ya, i'm excited!!!

So now I have to make more than 10k to fulfill that goal and to have enough to have a fun vacation. Ciaooooooooooo.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never been to hawaii

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*HINT*HINT*

11:20 AM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

I will never take someone named reuben roll on a vacation with me. How scary~

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never been to hawaii either

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter