Friday, July 28, 2006

Downswing?

I pray that what I'm going through right now is a long downswing of variance.

I put in a 5.5 hour session today. I started off really well, I was up $200, also got some great hands that held up, AA and the sort. Then as time passed my stacks on all three tables slowly dwindled. I ended the session $-40. Funny enough I still made big profit due to rakeback. 270 in rake - 40 = 230 profit for the day. yay!

I average about $35 per hour in rake so 35x5 = 175. Where did the extra 60 come from? I took a shot at short handed 3/6 today. I didn't join any specific 5man tables there but if a game became short handed, I stuck with it. I did this because earlier this week I re-read SSHE and reviewed my hold'em game and I believe it's improved to the point where I can hold my own in a short handed game. When this one particular table went 3 handed, man did I dominate. My reads were just on and my image won me a lot of pots.

It was on the full ring tables where I lost the majority of my profit, weird, I thought it was supposed to be easier to make $$$ there? I feel like my game has improved to the point where I should definitely be a winning player. So what's going on? I have no clue. I can only hope that it's a long downswing.

I want to multi-table the short handed games but I dont' have a 500 bb br for it. I could always 3table the 2/4 short handed since I have just about enough for that but...oh well. I guess i'll try 2/4 short handed tomorrow. It actually makes $300 more a month in rake than 3tabling 3/6 @ fullring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter