Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Short Handed Hold'em

I forget if I mentioned this in another post but I'm going to start concentrating on short handed limit hold'em. I'm going to start at the 2/4 level, play about 5000 hands, then 3/6 - 5000 hands, and then 5/10. I have about $2957 in my br now.

I really like short handed hold'em! On Sunday, while waiting for my friends to pick me up, I decided it was time to get in some poker action. Finally too! After like a 2.5 week hiatus, I load up FullContactPoker, join some 2/4 hold'em games, and bam! made 60 big bets in 1 hour! ($241). That was really nice. After not playing poker for awhile, 4 tabling 6handed games was crazzzy! Just so much action, click click click click click!! My poker game has suffered a little, but I'm not worried about that, but I noticed mentally, I feel much better. The break from cards was good. I wasn't worried about making river bets or playing from the gut. If I got called and lost, I'll move on to another hand - is what I kept thinking and really, even when someone made a dumb flush, it just didn't bother me that much.


Last night was fun and not fun. I decided I would finally ask HER out. I'm really close friends with her. We enjoy each other's company and our trust is unquestionnable. I've really known her for about two years now and I wish she was mine. Heh, I called her up and asked her to have some coffee with me, while we were chatting, we reached one of those quiet moments where you're out of words to say but you still want to talk. I was about to tell her to wait as I was going to get her present, but then she spoke: I have a boyfriend now.


I don't know why I'm writing this in a poker blog. I guess I want this to be an honest accout of poker and my life. But who knows, maybe I'll find this entry to be dumb and take out this latter part.

Anyhow, it was tough. But I really do love her, either as a friend or more and I want her to be happy. It's not something I want to accept but what can you do? That's life, and I hate it, truly, maybe just sometimes. I don't know. Now a day later, I feel indifferent. What should I be doing? At least I didn't blunder and make my friendship awkward. I have a headache from last night. That hurt, she's not a bitch though. Far from it. No friend of mine should call her that. They just don't understand. If you can't understand me, you can't understand her, trust me on that one. And you shouldn't label someone or something you don't understand with an insult. She's special. When I'm with her, it's not enough to sit there and talk. I want to be able to hold her and give her comfort, because that gives me comfort. Everything revolves around me doesn't it? That's what happens when you own a blog. So many times I wanted to reach out and hold her hand. It's not like I'm a sap, I'm just trying to be honest with my thoughts right now, and please respect that.

I lost a big part of me that night. A big motivation of mine was to have a big sum of money while dating my friend, so that we would never have to worry about money for food, travel, anything. At least now I can save it up and jump up the limits faster though :)
Hah, that sounds so shallow. Ouch.

If poker goes well this week, then I'm going to go to Viejas and play their $300 buy-in tourney. I hope I take it down :) I will take it down, unless my Aces get cracked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter