Saturday, May 27, 2006

Home! Poker! Yaya!

I actually haven't played any poker yet as of Saturday May 27, 2006 in the UNITED STATES.

Ya I'm home. I caught a stomach booboo though. My dad said I have inflammation of the stomach, so maybe it was the 2 beers that did it to me. Anyhow, flight home was hell, I was in major pain, and I don't feel like reliving it here.

Now for some poker intensive "discussion"

AKs in a 6 Man Sng

and
First Hand in 50 man sng

Those two hands gave me a lot of trouble. The AK hand I posted my exlanation on why calling is just as good a move as pushing preflop. No one wanted to believe it and stuck with just pushing preflop. I don't want to go into an in-depth explanation again but it's in that 1st link. The results don't prove my explanation to be right or wrong but I wonder what the 3 actual cards though...would've been interesting.

I was really proud of the 2nd link - 50 man sng. Some people said I was a fool and that calling an all-in w/tptk is a surefire way to go broke. Language sure is a pain though. I'm pretty sure those people who responded to me thought I would ALWAYS call all-in w/tptk. The biggest overlooked line I wrote was

"OP, you have enough info. From here on it's your read, your gut, that is most important. I gave you my reasons for calling, and everyone else (hee!) gave explanations for folding. Folding isn't a bad option at all, calling is definitely riskier. If you did call, what were the results btw? "

It's so easy to get caught up in the whole "you can only do one thing here" mood or "it's too risky." I didn't see anyone else advocating listening to your gut - which btw is the most important characteristic to poker. You can make all the arguments you want about what "gut/instinct" is and how it's online poker but bottom line is, the play was fishy, he listened to his gut, and he came through - and I'd be very surprised if he lost that tournament, especially with that image. And I'm sure you poker players out there have experienced the same situation. There are times when we're wrong but there are also times when we've thought "WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO WHAT MY GUT TOLD ME TO DO?!??!"

You know what's funny? Everyone who posted in those two links probably won't give me credit for my thought process or lengthy explanations. Instead, they'll be more stubborn and say what they advocated is better, which is fine with me, give up pots w/tptk and let me take em down please. But also, I wonder if I won any respect there or if I'm still going to be considered a donk because my posts did not advocate what everyone else thought to be the "best play." Oh well, that's life.

I don't think I'll be playing cards after this post though. I hate playing for only 5 mins, when I play, I like to plaly for at least a few hours.

I saw my friends and my few days home have been really happy. Especially last night, and I hope this summer continues to go my way.

Gnight people!

mkSong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter