Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back to blogspot!

My term at stoxpoker has ended. very long read below.

I'm kind of excited to start blogging here again. My original plan to copy paste all my old blog posts failed but oh well. It would've been cool to track my progression from grinding low stakes to the player I am now. Perhaps I will go and copy paste all my entries back over here but for now, let's just say it's most definitely not definite :P

For those of you who don't know, my name is Michael Song and I currently play 3/6 no limit and 10/20 - 15/30 shorthanded limit hold'em as well as heads up. My goal in the next two months is ot make it to 5/10 no limit and to start regularly earning $1,000 a day.

I feel like I've got a lot to say but for now, we'll stop here. Ty for reading!

-Mikey



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Now that I am back from Vegas, I think it is time I make my own announcement. It has come to my attention that perhaps this is my last day as part of the stoxpoker family. I have been a part of the site since March/April. My main game was 5/10 short handed limit hold'em and gradually throughout my time here, I moved up to 10/20 and 15/30 lhe and just recently graduated from 2/4 to 3/6 no limit.


I am sad to say that as of now I believe I am no longer part of the site in any way. I understand that when I joined, I joined as mainly a blogger, while making an occasional video as a guest pro in which I showed and explained my winning approach to the game. My status here has never been of great importance but nevertheless, I was welcomed and felt like part of the family. I posted hands as well as gave advice on other players' hands in the limit forums and recently some in the no limit forums.


The stoxpoker community is probably the most productive and positive community geared towards learning the game, even moreso than 2p2. I say this because it is entirely true. You find lots of good advice here from stoxpoker pros as well as other players who play for a living. You will rarely be chastised or humiliated for posting a silly hand. Everyone works together to help each other move up the stakes. There is no environment as positive as this one.


However, within these last few months, I have to say I am pretty disappointed with how I have been dealt with. When stoxpoker admin joined the site, at some point I was contacted by him asking that I post only two entries a month because more pros were about to join and start blogging. He also requested that they be more poker oriented. Heh, I think I definitely did start rambling off in those entries about random stuff like my chaotic neighbor. So alright, I don't mind being flexible. I'll gladly do as told here.
Come November, about a week before Thanksgiving, I make a video for 10/20lhe on stars. I send the link to admin asking that he let me know when it's going to go up as there are some people who do enjoy watching it. In his reply, he states that my videos are no longer needed as there are plenty of videos that have not been posted yet.


To be honest, I was pretty frustrated about that response. I really do enjoy making videos (and I think that comes across pretty clearly) and when I was told that my work was no longer needed, it felt like a shot to the heart.
By the way, it may seem that I am attacking stoxpoker admin but he is the only one I have been in contact with so there is no one else to reference. He has always been cordial in every message sent to me. I'm sure he's not a bad guy : )


In the last two weeks I have not made/been unable to post a blog entry. I asked stoxpoker admin about this problem and he ask that I post under the member blog section seeing as how everytime I create a blog entry, it costs the site a hundred or so dollars in translations. I had to give this one some thought and have decided that if this is how the stoxpoker family is going to treat its guest pro(s)/blogger(s), then I no longer want to be a part of the community. Perhaps I could have asked the other stoxpoker pros about why/what is going on with the situation and why I am being treated so distantly. However, I am sure stoxpoker admin was made an admin to also deal with situations like these and I should/will not beg to be kept as a featured blogger.


I understand that technically I am not in any position to complain as I was never part of the core team. It is not my site nor do I have any say in what goes on. I am just a blogger/guest pro. That said, I cannot help but post my feelings about the situation. I do not have any ill feelings towards anyone in particular, I wouldn't know who to be mad at anyways lol, but I am disappointed that no one ever told me directly what was going on. Instead, every time I tried to be a part of the site, I woke up to find a new limitation on what I was allowed to do. I would have much preferred a direct notice as it is much more respectful than a surprise. This will be my last "blog" post here. I want to say the last 8 months here have been a great experience. I have talked to and learned from some really great players on this site and I hope the community continues to thrive.


Best of luck,


Mikey Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter