Wednesday, November 29, 2006

UPDATE GAHLJDSKFDS:JK:LFDSF

Freaking...I wrote a good post and then it got booshed. I hit publish and the blogger.com base went down :(

Btw, someone needs to write a hand history converter PROGRAM rather than website. I use neildewhurst.com/hand-converter as I rarely have conversion problems there...instead the site likes to fall apart! grrrrrrrrrrr

I have two hands that I wanted to post. I guess I'll post them later.

*updated*
Limit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$66 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is SB with as ah UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, Button folds, MikeySong 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 4s :10d 3s (12SB, 5 players)MikeySong bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: :10h (8BB, 5 players)MikeySong bets, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: 6s (10BB, 3 players)MikeySong bets, UTG calls.

Results: Final pot: 12BB ($72)
MikeySong Shows As Ah
UTG Shows 5d 7h - for the Straight - WTF?! DIE

Limit Holdem Ring game Limit: $3/$66 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is SB with :10d :10s UTG calls, 3 folds, MikeySong raises, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 9h :10h jh (6SB, 3 players)MikeySong bets, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 6d (4.5BB, 3 players)MikeySong bets, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 8h (7.5BB, 3 players)MikeySong checks, BB checks, UTG bets, MikeySong folds, BB calls.

Results:Final pot: 9.5BB
UTG Shows Ah 9c

I'm happy about this hand because I'm finally more willing to fold these hands whereas before I'll make these crying calls in hope of a bluff. That and I didn't waste a bet. I played it the best I could and I got PUNKD :(

My confidence is rising as I'm killing these games. I played for a few hours today, 5tabling, and made a nice 50bbs - $70 of that coming from bonuses. I've read forum posts here and there stating that 3/6 tends to be the hardest low/mid-limit, which I can kind of agree with since I have played some 5/10, but man, if that's true I'm pretty set! The only time I've been afraid of people was on WPX but @ AP and FullTilt, pretty easy, especially when I get into my groove. Rawrrrrrr

But seriously tho, I haven't been impressed with the play @ 3/6. Some players I find to be pretty transparent, others are kind of meh but I find that a lot of them have some bad holes. They're small but it adds up. Raising 87s from mp1, peeling the flop on what I would consider a pretty loose peel, these bets add up and bite you in the butt! But keep doing it! FEED ME :D

Something I realized today is that you shouldn't be paranoid about math. Screw it. Don't think about the BEST stats to have etc. Just consider these basic concepts:
If I make fewer mistakes than my opponents, I profit in the long run.
If I play tighter than my opponents (i.e. better cards), I profit in the long run

You're set to make money!

I'm going to continue to 5 table this week, and then if I'm feeling comfortable, I'll move up to 6 tables next week. I'm not really in a rush to jump limits anymore, and I'm glad that paranoia/urge has left me, or at least for now. Before I wanted to jump up the stakes as fast as possible, blahblah blah, but if u're beating the games right now for a good amount, what's the rush? Put in the hands, make sure you are a winning player, experiment and adjust your game, and then move up. The games will always be there, BUT WILL YOU?

dun dun dun......

If I can 6 table 3/6 6max for 2bb/100 - which is the goal damnit, then I'll be making:

540 hands per hour * $12 = $62.
Bonus at this rate clears at about = $30
Rakeback = $54 per hour ($9 per table)

Total: $146/hr. Erm, if I can do that...wow. Sick. Right now I'm running at 1.41bb/100 - altho I think this number is escewed a bit since WPX raped me bad.

That puts me at:
5 tables (450 hands) * 8.46 = $38.07 NOOOOOOOOOO :( - still good but!! come on!!
bonus at this rate clears at about = $25ish
rakeback = $45
total = $108

still good! I wanna buy some fun presents. Gogogogogogog!

-Mike

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all I enjoy your advice that you give. Please don't hesitate to dish out what you've learned! Always Refreshing!

Btw, I'm I've always enjoyed your honesty, what true specific differences are there between wpx full ring 3/6 vs. full tilt and you mentioned "ap" not sure what that stands for. I mean to give up 100% rake back to go elsewhere there has to be Mny BENEFITS! correct?!

Keep Posting! =)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

haha, thank you. It's my goal to be as honest as possible (for me) in this blog. It's something I want to always be able to look at to remind myself and others what it's like to focus solely on poker.

I don't know how good my advice is on FULL RING limit hold'em because I've basically stopped playing it. I play pretty much only short handed limit hold'em and I can tell you straight up that World Poker Exchange has the toughest competition I've ever been up against. So logically I would say WPX is the toughest with Full Tilt and Stars being the softest - since Party broke up most players I assume went to those two sites - and you might as well play fulltilt since they give you rakeback.

AP = Absolute Poker - they give 28% rakeback, do not take away bonuses from your rakeback, and give out A LOT of bonuses. The problem is they do not have as many players as stars and ftp so I guess the competition there is harder than stars and ftp.

Hope that helps
-Mike

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter