Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A new Site!

I'm Blogging for Stoxpoker.com now! :)

I will still post here and there, they'll be the same entries but for those who want to leave a comment and don't want to make an acct @ stox, I'll still respond here.

Here's the 1st entry I made

Have a good day everyone :)

Hey everyone,
my name is Michael Song and I guess I’m going to be a new blogger here :D *audience applause* I’d like to say that when I found out that stoxtrader was interested in adding me, I was definitely very excited to be blogging here. So thanks stox! I hope my posts entertain as well as educate you all. Not that I have that much to teach, but if you pick up on one or two things, that’d make me happy :)
I am 20 years old and currently live in Boston for now, originally from California. I attended Emerson College and I finance myself through poker. I was a film student and the reason I decided to play poker was for the “easy” money. I definitely believe that this is one of the harder ways to earn an “easy” living. But, I never want to have to bus tables, etc etc. I prefer my own freedom.
What’s it like playing pro? I hate it! It can be so swingy! D: But I love it much more than if I had to work a 9-5 job, just not my style. Also, I miss really good Burritos (Ana’s Taqueria is an OK substitute, CA is better) and just really good fast food in general. Not a Wendy’s fan, McDonalds is good, but there’s no Jack in the Box, Carl’s Jr. or In N Out!!! I’ve rambled….OH, AND TOO MUCH SNOW. I just bought running shoes the day before because it was getting to be 50 degrees, and the next day, haha, I look at the weather report on my computer and it said “snowing”. I muttered, bullshit, looked behind my window drape and said “Holy shit! It’s snowing!” Seriously like 3-5 inches of powder in front of my place. I even got the nike+ chip! The thing u can plug into your ipod. Grrrr.
So, I play primarily short handed limit hold’em at 5/10. I’m a big believer in bankroll management because it helps control the mental aspect. For example, if I have 500bbs and I lose 200bbs, I’m definitely going to feel very scared about my bankroll and the last thing I want to do is drop down. If I have 1000bbs and I lose 200bbs, I’m going to be somewhat annoyed but I won’t be bothered because I can still play my A game and not be scared about losing money. I have been advised by some to just suck it up and move up as I’m missing out on more money. I can definitely see that point of view but also, I currently 6table so assuming my winrate is 1 to 1.5bbs/100 (last month I was -.22bb/100 @ 44,000 hands, sickkkkkkk), then I make about $100 an hour. I also just had a great weekish just now.

Oh but then Thursday I lost 50bbs, Friday I won 100bbs, and yesterday I lost 120bbs. I don’t blame these things on downswings, although obviously they happen and yesterday I lost with 4 of a kind…to a straight flush…(sorry, gotta complain once in awhile J) I blame it more on playing bad. If I played better, I wouldn’t have lost as much money. Simple as that. Always play your A game, otherwise you’re going to spew chips unnecessarily. So hard not to tilt when you’re feeling like the Hulk.
Oh, in response to the whole move up every 500bbs, for me personally, I don’t play as well if I feel pressured by my roll. In the past 6 months, I have had multiple 300bb downswings/losses. The first time I was just learning this game, the 2nd or 3rd time, I improved a lot but still lost that much. And the pressure would get to me. I like having comfort and not feeling scared when I play. Thus, 1000bbs is something I personally set. But I do plan on hitting some 10/20 soon when I have 12k or more.
Super long blog entry, sorry! I plan to visit these forums more often. I usually post @ fullcontactpoker.com or on my own @ mikeysong.blogspot.com But I definitely will be browsing and posting here more often :)
Have a good day everyone,
Michael Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter