Wednesday, January 31, 2007

bigggggggg update

Alrighty so the last time I posted I had a biggggggg downswing.

Well, I won't be playing the 5/10 game for awhile. I'm going to stick to a 1000bb rule from now on. I just don't feel comfortable playing my game if I feel like I have to be perfect with every move. My image is reckless and it's the way I love to play. That said, I'll be hammering the 3/6 game til I'm back to 10k. This could take almost the whole month of February =/

I'm on a nice rush for 3/6 sh lhe so far. 6800 hands, 2.5bb/100. I've won $1k so far after losing over 3k? Too bad it didn't happen at 5/10 when I needed it! lol. Oh well, I am actually pretty grateful to be back in the game. Things were looking really grim there. I had 1.4k left, 400 of it in my AP acct and ran that back to 2.2k (altho 750 is from trading in points for 2 ipod gift values ($350 each)). What's my bankroll now? About 4k. I'm withdrawing my 1k from fcp and keeping it in my bank acct. I have to start paying my own rent etc. due to some dealings with my parents, heh, so that's why the 1000bb rule is even more important! I must not go broke in poker!

Oh man, so Sunday was a crazy day. I had 800 on AP, ran it to 1470 playing 3/6, I was running reallll hot so I played 5/10 to push the rush! BAM! back down to 700, play some 3/6, BAM, down to 400. I quit the game, went to my bed like a little baby all shaken up about the thought of going broke, lay there for a few moments, and thought:

this is the choice I made. I knew the downsides of poker yet I picked it anyways. I accept the consequences. No one's going to feel sorry for me, so get up and start playing good.'


Got back up, 6 tabled 3/6 sh lhe with $60 on each table, bam bam bam 1.2k :)

I won't be posting any hand histories for today but...please check out the short handed limit section @ fullcontactpoker.com in the forums. I posted a lot of interesting hands, or at least I think they're interesting. I'm starting to improve another side of my game, value bets. It's easy to value bet top pair but now I've moved on and am focusing on value betting midpair and even bottom pair. Hearing about a player like TLK (TexasLimitKing, swedish player who raped high stakes short handed limit) made me realize that it is important to recognize those situations where we are ahead and make those bets, no matter how thin. The thinner the bet, the sexier it is anyways :) So yes, I've been working on that and I think that's been adding a lot to my comeback upswing!

On another note, after all that, I'm burned out. I feel really stupid about it though. From Jan 17th to Jan 29th, I played 50.83333 hours of poker. basically, 5 hours a day. Not bad but can be better and will be better. But that's not even what I'm disappointed about. Right now, I don't feel like playing poker. It's ironic, you would think that when you're winning a lot, you'd want to play more but not me! When I'm losing, I play more, when I'm winning, I just wanna chill out! Bleh. Starting tomorrow, 9 hours per day! Sunday gets to be the resting day. Each week that I'm doing well, I plan to play the Stars $1mill guaranteed tourney.

So my goal for february is to play 9 hours a day, 6 days a week. I want to make at least 15k if not 20k by the end of the month. I also plan on switching over to no limit by the end of the month as the last few days I had 100bb swings!!! Grosss.

good luck players!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter