Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Been so long!

I've been running reallllllllll bad. For awhile I was -1bb/100 over 35k hands. Now i'm at -.58bb/100...haha. Basically, without rakeback and bonuses, I'm down $2grand this month. Yuck, I've only put in 80 hours this month. I'm going to try and put in 50-70 more hours but I highly doubt I'll hit that mark.

I was originally going to leave AP at the end of this month but something changed my mind....AP added a new system: trading points for cash! And it's freaking sweeter than the old exchange rate. Why? Well....if you look at
http://absolutepoker.com/vip/points-for-cash.asp

basically, they're giving you a 1k bonus if you hit the 200k mark. AHHHHHHHHHH. I made over 200k points this month and I got about 1.5k in return for that. Sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk =( Oh well. Because of that, I'll probably give AP another month and try to bust out a sick 15k+ profit. This month...I'll be lucky if I hit 5k profit by the end of hte month...but it is possible, after all, I am coming out of the worst swings I've ever had...or am I???

Alright, here's a hand I found interesting.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8s ks
UTG calls, 3 folds, SB raises, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: js 7c 5s (6SB, 3 players) - I don't think there's any equity in raising here.
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG calls. I'd rather trap the guy behind me to call as well.

Turn: 6c (4.5BB, 3 players) - this is interesting, sb is giving up.
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, SB folds. I'm thinking, well if I bet here, I
have a good draw anyways. Might as
well see if we can take initiative and rake in the pot. If we're going to call a bet, might as well bet.

River: ac (6.5BB, 2 players) - scary card! But it can be very good. I
can now represent an Ace. Firing here
shows strength. grawrrr i win!
Hero bets, UTG folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: 6.5BB

doesn't always work but I felt it could there :)


Let's play a game. I'll post a hand and I'd like you to answer what is the best course of action. If you decide to answer, please explain your reasoning. Assume villain is you standard 30/20/2 LAG player.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
4 players

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with jc 7s
2 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: 8d 9d 6h (4SB, 2 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls.

Turn: :10h (5BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, BB calls.

River: 8c (7BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero ???

Do we call, fold, or raise? why?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me it seems like he has a hand like A8 or K8 and made a bad river raise.The possibility of a fullhouse and the gutshot completing on the turn i probably just call, because if you raise and he calls you win 1bb more, whereas if you raise and he caps you lose 2bb when you are forced to call. I'm interested to see what you say, i am horrible at limit hold'em and your hand explanations help a lot.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter