Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dull Dull Dull

Well, I may start taking shots at 5/10 again. AP changed their rakeback system to contributed, so now I'm getting way less than I used to. I want my $100 hourly wage back :(

So it's either some 5/10 or 1/2nl soon.

Poker is boring sometimes. I wish I was insane and could play 13hours a day. SH Lhe @ 3/6 is becoming very auto-botable for me - playing mindlessly without thinking. Need to work harder.

I've posted some fun hands that I had today. For those of you who are new to short handed limit, there really isn't that much bluffing like what I've done in some of these hands. I was confident in my reads/gut (who reads ppl online?) and I went with it. I have to be really sure of myself to go with a play, otherwise it is too costly and the last thing I want is my image to be damaged. If my image becomes wreckless/maniac, then I have to sit back and play tight as people will call me down more liberally. My style is to pick up lots of small pots. I want easy money! So please, don't fool yourself into thinking that you have to make these plays. Personally I think it was dumb but I made a decision in the moment and went with it.

Good luck at the tables :)

Michael Song


Some hands:
The power of donkbetting:

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is BB with 6s 7c
2 folds, CO calls, Button raises, SB folds, MikeySong calls, CO calls.

Flop: 3s 4c 5c (6.67SB, 3 players)
MikeySong bets, CO calls, Button raises, MikeySong 3-bets, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: 9h (7.83BB, 3 players)
MikeySong bets, CO calls, Button calls.

River: jh (10.83BB, 3 players)
MikeySong bets, CO calls, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.83BB
MikeySong Shows 6s 7c

bam! CO had a pair of 5s and button had a pair of kings. I decided to play the flop fast because I couldn't think of a good way to trap CO on the turn, so I figured there was a good chance of him calling at least 1 more sb vs 1bb on the turn.


Blind Battle
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
4 players

Background info: Villain and I have tangled a few times, enough to know that in a blind battle, he's capping his Ax hand heads up.

Pre-flop: (4 players) MikeySong is BB with kc qs
2 folds, SB raises, MikeySong 3-bets, SB calls.

Flop: :10d ah 8s (6SB, 2 players)
SB checks, MikeySong bets, SB calls.

Turn: 5d (4BB, 2 players)
SB checks, MikeySong checks.

River: ad (4BB, 2 players)
SB bets, MikeySong raises, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to MikeySong.

Results:
Final pot: 6BB

I checked the turn because I wasn't too sure so I was hoping to hit a Jack incase, on the river when he bet, I just knew he didn't have the ace based on past actions so I figured I'll just raise him off his hand as I did represent an Ace and could be playing it tricky. Grrrrrrreat success!

Psh, I'm the Player!

Villain is not happy with me. He's been showing me more aggression than to other players. It's pretty obvious he's tilting.

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is SB with qs 9s
4 folds, MikeySong raises, BB calls.

Flop: 4s 5h 7d (4SB, 2 players)
MikeySong bets, BB calls.

Turn: 7c (3BB, 2 players)
MikeySong bets, BB raises, MikeySong 3-bets, BB calls.

River: 5c (9BB, 2 players)
MikeySong bets, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to MikeySong.

Results:
Final pot: 9BB

So even though the re-raise on the turn backfired - as he probably had a pair of 4s or some other pocket pair, I had to bet the river as I felt he could only call that with A high and possibly K high.


Position is my baby!

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is UTG with 5h 5s
MikeySong raises, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 4h kh 6h (7SB, 3 players)
SB checks, MikeySong bets, CO folds, SB raises, MikeySong 3-bets, SB calls.

Turn: 8d (6.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, MikeySong checks.

River: :10h (6.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, MikeySong bets, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
MikeySong Shows 5h 5s

the 3bet on the flop told me that he doesn't have a super strong hand, but does he have a flush draw? I'm not too sure. Check turn - to figure out his hand, and because whatever he check-raised me with on this board, he's most likely not folding it. Alright! he checked river! I can safely bet this baby, boom! Villain showed AK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter