Monday, December 04, 2006

Screw table Selection

Maybe I'm screwing myself?
But this is only 3/6 SH LHE I'm playing. If I can't beat these games I'm doomed for higher stakes anyways. I looked at my November stats and I ran for 3.23bb/100 in 7500 hands. Probably just a heater but that's a great boost of confidence! I'm going to say screw table selection. There were some players that I'm semi-afraid of because of their aggression, but I'm going to run them all over. That's the best way to get me to play even more. I don't care if I sacrifice 1bb/100, I'll hurt their winrate just as well until they decide to AVOID ME rather than the odather way around.

This is a hand I posted on FCP. I'm pretty bitter because no one gave me any constructive criticism over there. All I get is 'fold preflop and u're set'

Ok, but sometimes we make mistakes so give postflop advice. Let me explain here.

Limit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$66 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is BB with 6d ah
UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, MikeySong calls.
Bad Call - You have to assume your A6o is dominated here. A6s is a call obv. but offsuit doesn't play well multiway.

Flop: 5d :10d 6h (8.67SB, 4 players)MikeySong checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button bets, MikeySong raises, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls.

I check-raise here to isolate the CO. Why? Think about what their hand ranges here: AK, AQ, AJ, A10* - scary, QJ, QK, and high PP. J10,Q10,K10 are possibilities but I don't want to give up this flop when I think they all have overcards.

Turn: 3h (7.33BB, 3 players)MikeySong bets, UTG calls, Button calls.

No one is raising or 3betting me. My Hand is Most Likely Good. A scared person could have j10,q10,k10 but def. no overpair here.

River: 8s (10.33BB, 3 players)MikeySong checks, UTG checks, Button bets, MikeySong calls, UTG calls.
If someone called w/78, he just got there but the pot is giving me like 10:1 so I'll make a crying call.

Is this a good or bad call?









Results:Final pot: 13.33BB
Button Shows 2c Ac
MikeySong Shows 6d Ah
UTG mucks Qh Kh

Gnight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever your doing, keep doing it! Its working for you! ;)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter