Wednesday, May 10, 2006

WoW WoW WOW, What a Rush!

I was getting really frustrated the past few days. I kept losing money, then I'd be even, then repeat, then lose, and lose again. I got so mad that at a couple days ago when I took a hit, I yelled, stood up, and threw my chair down. Not that big of an action but for me it is. Usually I sigh or maybe scream FUCK, but I shrug it off and play on.

Anyways, I had deposited $783 into fulltilt - I had $800 in the bank - I decided I wanted to keep some of my bankroll in my acct incase I need money and such, it's too big of a hassle to wait 3 days to cash out from a site and then neteller! Anyhow, I ran that 783 into 1245 in two days, and after that I slowly went back down until I had about $840! What a demoralizer! Then before I went to bed, I played some more and won an extra 150 to put me at 996. And then...I woke up yesterday, 9th of May, at 4:51am and decided, what the hell, I can't go back to sleep anyways, I'll play some poker!

These next 4 hours was a BIG rollercoaster:
Instantly, in the 1st hour I lost 3 big hands.
AA vs 88 - 88 hits set
AA vs QQ - QQ hits set
22 vs 77 - we both hit a set :(

I was immediately down $200 and now I'm really frustrated and depressed. So I hang in there, and keep playing. I can't even tell you what happened. It all happened so fast. Before I knew it - no joke, I was up...big time! I had 1k in play at the tables - max buy in is $100 and for 4 tables, I basically doubled up or more at each table! It was sick, I can't really tell you any details on what happened. I remember there were a few really really loose calls by people when I went all in with the nuts.

As Mike Sexton would say, BINGO BANGO BONGO MIKEY SONG FLOPPED THE NUTS! Vince! He's in incredible position, and look! He's pushing ALL IN! Donk #1 calls!
Vince: Oh man, there's nothing like the nuts... :p

So in this 4hr session, I got knocked to about 780 and ran it up to $1666. That's some pretty serious $$$. I averaged $126.46 per hour this session and in the long run, after 29.5 hours I made $31.72 per hour, Poker Tracker says 5.07bb per 100 hands (i have 8.2k) or in total: $1035.

Granted, I am counting the bonus money ($300) from full tilt poker as part of the winnings...but, I'm using that bonus money to help me jump up the limits. Gotta hit that 10k+ goal this summer!

Oh, I'm also getting $200 back from rakeback! Rake is the cut the house takes. The max they'll ever take is $1 from a hand, but usually it's around .40 to $1. If you don't have rakeback, sign up through me! (I have to do a little self promotion!)

So, I'm pretty happy with myself =) I'm going to clear the Full Contact Poker $300 bonus and play some limit. I'm excited to play limit hold'em again. Yeah, it's hard to push people off hands but I enjoy the amount of action that there is on the flop, turn, and river. And, right now, my no limit ring game (cash game) is pretty bad. For the most part, I was playing with scared money. I didn't want to lose $100 on a bad play. Luckily for me, at the .50/1 level, they're pretty much all bad. That's how I made my money, hit sets or AA, and get it all in.

Alright, I really don't know what else to ramble about...oh!

So yesterday I hang out w/my friend and at night we smoked some cigars. Holllly crap those really drain me. I never really noticed it but whenever I smoke, I always get really tired afterwards. Last time, when we went Hookahing, I fell asleep in the car on the way home, haha! This time though, I just had no energy. It was really weird and I ended up staying for approximately 23 hours! I haven't been able to do that in awhile. Usually I just wait til it hurts to keep my eyelids open, then I know it's bed time.

That's all. Thanks for reading!

~Mikey Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter