Sunday, April 16, 2006

Free Dinner! and a little history

1st semester this year I promised myself to take some friends out for dinner once I hit the 1k mark. Well I just realized today that I went over that limit, so I treated a few of my friends to dinner. It was kind of funny because I knew 2 were coming, and then I realized my friend's roommate was coming too. Heh, I wasn't too eager to spend the extra 15 but hey, whatever, I'm happy to have made great profit playing poker you know? I'm now highly confident that I will not be working a minimum wage job for this summer. I'm a free man.

_____________________________________________________________________

I've been playing poker for about three years now. How I got into it? I have no idea really. I remember at film camp my roommate was watching the WPT and wanted to teach me how to play poker. I told that I had no interest in poker or any sort of gambling because it's a LOSING game. ohhhhhhh the irony =))

Probably a year after that, my friends and I had a homegame at Jared's house. I won that no limit tournament proving my geniousness...we were all new to the game, I just got lucky ^^ I don't think the blinds escalated at all, but it did last for like four hours. haha. Yeah, I really don't know how I won, and after that I always consistently placed first or second. I'm pretty sure the reason for that is I always tried to understand how my friends were playing, most importantly, could they bet big on a bluff? Or did it mean they were representing a strong hand?
___________________________________________________________________

I've grown up a lot from then. My parents would NOT be proud, haha. They don't know that I play poker now. I told my mom I play once in awhile but...yeah, they pretty much have no idea that I am a winning player.

oh yeah, made 30 bucks today, so that puts me at like 1822? I'm not going to take the 80 bucks from my broll yet. I plan on taking a small chunk out when I need to fatten my piggy bank.

Funny, I really like to spend money, but in this case, I'm trying to spend as little as possible until I hit 5/10 limit. And even then, I probably won't spend very much.

I want to write more but there isn't anything I really want to write about! It's also 4am...

gnight cyber land,
Michael Song

P.S. (I haven't written P.S. in sooooo long!!! When have you?!) comments are always welcome!

P.S.S. (YES!) My friend mentioned that I should share this with people from fullcontactpoker.com and other poker forums. The original intent of this blog is to document my adventure from 500 dollars to hopefully 5 million dollars =)) I don't like to brag and reach out to random people for attention. I share this with a very small amount of people for various reasons. If you guys think that I should just share this with the general public, then make your opinions known - as well as if you think i should keep it private!

I am an introvert to an extent. I don't like people being able to understand me. What's the point if you completely understand someone? It gets really boring, and frankly, I don't like people I don't know prying into my mind. But if this is just so FASCINATING or helpful, maybe I will be persuaded.

~yours truly,
Michael Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter