Thursday, April 13, 2006

up!

And just like that I'm basically even/up again. I couldn't go to bed so I decided to play some limit hold'em while waiting for my roommate to wake up so we can go get breakfast.

In less than 1/2 an hour of playing 2/4 limit hold'em shorthanded (5ppl only), I made approximately 142 dollars! that's 35.5 big bets!

I'm really happy and excited. Part of the reason I couldn't go to bed was due to the fact that I had lost 140 dollars at a game that I was beating. I'm really hopeful. I really hope I can beat the 2/4 game and move up to 5/10 if not 10/20 limit hold'em by the end of summer. After I clear the pokerroom 150 bonus, I'm going to put poker ASIDE/ON HOLD until I have finished all my schoolwork or until school's done.

This game is incredibly time consuming but I'm in love with it because it could very well may be a big part of my future. If I had to choose between living my dreams or raising a family in a household that does not have to worry about any financial issues, I would choose the latter to give my kids a chance to reach their dreams. Thus, poker has a very high priority on my list.

Am I going to continue playing short handed limit hold'em if I've fared this well? For now, no. I'm going to have to post on fullcontactpoker.com and ask some people about it. To me it just seems that if I can make this much that quickly, the opposite can happen. I'll have to find out about the swings. BUT...I did enjoy playing short handed much more than 9 handed because there is so much action. You see more cards and are put in more difficult/tricky situations than you would normally have to deal with in a 9 handed game.

Example: K9 is a much better hand shorthanded than 9 handed. There are very few situations in which you would play a K9 in a 9 handed game - if you're in the blinds, on the dealer button w/no one else limped in, or if it's suited and u're feeling like gambling. In a short handed game, any Kx or Ax pair of cards goes up in value. You need to play aggressive to take down pots and blinds so you'll be seeing more situations in which the flop will be 5 9 J, or Q 10 5.
-In short, short handed (BAHAHA) poker puts your ability to the test.

I'm tired! Gonna try to stay awake for class and then come back and nap. See ya.
~Michael Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter