Sunday, April 09, 2006

Ahhhhh Penn

I'm at U.Penn right now. This is my last day here (April 9, 2006). I've been here since Wednesday to 1) surprise my best friend's family - his sister is looking at schools 2) visit friends 3) Spring Fling - big weekend party 4) Movie Festival - this is the main reason why I'm here.

I'm really not much of a partier. I don't like the taste of hard liquor, but I really don't like beer and I can't get drunk off of beer so I'm in a predicament, meaning I'm pretty much stuck to mixed drinks and can't show off my 10 shot limit asian manliness :p

I'm really happy here. It's nice being with friends. I realized today that I do love one of my friends a lot, at least platonically. She happens to be first ex. We just get along really well and pretty much have a good understanding for each other. I'm really picky about my close friends. Few I can really talk to, the others (which are still pretty few) I just have fun with. Love you Tee.

________________________________________________

Poker!
Yes yes, this is what the blog's purpose is, to document my poker adventure.
I'm up 200 bucks this week. I haven't been playing too much. Shifting money around online takes awhile and actually I'm pretty damn pissed off right now, but let's recap first.

I started bonus whoring at Interpoker.com because they give a monthly 100 dollar bonus, so that's an extra 1200 dollars a year. Pretty worth it imo. Takes approximately 6 hours to clear if you're tabling at least 2/4 limit. I actually made 115 dollars playing poker and another 100 from the bonus.

Now, the negatory part:
I'm pissed off for two reasons. One being that I have to pay a one dollar fee for transferring funds. Um...what the hell??? You already take a % of my money from the tables, now I have to pay a dollar to WITHDRAW my money but not deposit? You gotta be kidding me, douchebags. I realize it's only 1 dollar and doesn't even compromise 1% of my bankroll. I'm pissed about the principal of the idea. NO OTHER SITE CHARGES A FEE TO WITHDRAW MONEY.
2) They require you to enter a PIN #. This # is not given over the internet or over the phone, meaning I have to wait for snail mail. I'm really not happy about that. Right now I want to say that I am never going to play here again but when weighing the benefits vs. the negatives, it's pretty obvious that NOT playing at interpoker would be a bad idea.

I'm still annoyed though. I'm really rusty w/poker. I'm making a few mistakes that I really shouldn't have AND I've been going on tilt. I don't go and blow 200 bucks right off the bat but I am finding myself to lose my temper, which is the biggest no-no in poker. Luckily I use that tilt image to my advantage and start playing tighter so that everyone else at the table loses money calling down w/Ace high. Hah bastards.

I don't think I can continue a regular poker schedule for this month. I really want to though. I have too much work to do. I'm pretty behind in my classes =/ I'm really I want to prove to my "best friend" that I am a winning player and he's a douche for not believing in me. I'll prove this by making money through poker instead of a regular job. And not only am I striving to make above minimum wage, but also to make more in less amount of hours.

I.E. minimum wage in CA is 6.50, so 40hrs per week = 260 dollars. I'd like to make at least 300 in 20 hours.

Current Bankroll: $1404.34

See you later, Space Cowboy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter