Friday, January 05, 2007

Love, Zippo, and Red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ooiir-tCcA

I really like her. I love a girl who can sing, especially someone who seems innocent. I don't find girls who party a lot, smoke a lot, etc. to be very attractive. I like the classy look too. jak;lafjads;jk;asdjfl; Speechless.

Zippo
I bought myself a zippo. I love these! I'm going to start a collection some day.

Red
I'm down 500 or 1000. I can't really remember, haha. 5/10 hasn't been kind but that's ok. I am very determined to improve and take this seriously. Gotta lighten up and enjoy poker once in awhile, but for the most part, by summer, 'baller' status is in order: WSOP, apartment, kick backs, video games, and some other fun stuff to buy.

It's time to start spending less and playing more cards. I have a $5,000 bet with my friend Nick. First one to HAVE 100k wins, meaning we have to show 100k in one of our accounts to actually claim the prize. We have until the last day of August this year to make it. Both starting at 5k (me less actually, heh) but I'll be playing much more than him.

Hand of the Day:

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is CO with 9s as
2 folds, MikeySong raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 2c jc 5s (6.6SB, 3 players)
BB checks, MikeySong bets, Button raises, BB folds, MikeySong calls.

Turn: 8s (5.3BB, 2 players)
MikeySong bets, Button calls.

River: 2s (7.3BB, 2 players)
MikeySong checks, Button bets, MikeySong raises, Button 3-bets, MikeySong caps, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 15.3BB

Ok so let's explain the play.

Flop bet - Continuation bet is always in order. Def. was going to fire another bullet on the turn and give up on the river.

Turn - The donkbet was good and bad. Bad in that it's probably not going to fold any hands here. Good: it sets up the river if I make my flush or top pair - but only if I go for a check-raise. Otherwise he is probably going to simply just call, not knowing wtf I have.

River - I like it a lot. I had a feeling he was definitely going to bet if I checked so I went for the check-raise and got a lot of action. Does he have a set or 2 pair? I highly doubt it. In this situation, I think it is the best play, rather than getting that easy 1bb in, I took a chance and got 3 more from him!

Have a good night. I bought some books and I am actually excited for once to read them:
Brothers Karamazov - Dostoevsky
The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell (author of Blink)
Positively Fifth Street - James McManus

which book probably stands out the most to you? lolllllllllll

Gnight
Mike

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter