Saturday, December 16, 2006

BR Management

Well

I practiced great br management today. (SARCASM)

For some reason this morning I was just frustrated as hell. Towards the end ot he first hour of my session, I got super frustrated even tho i was only down a few big bets despite the beats I was taking. So then I played longer...even though I told myself 'you really shouldn't be playing right now, you can't think anything through' so of course I just keep playing...until I'm down to my last $700. Wtf? I had $2300 in my AP account, I just lost $1600?! GKLAJ:LFDSJFDSFK:LJ TILTTTTTTTTTTT

SO I put that $700 to good use...@ a 10/20 table. WORST IDEA EVER. Every time I have been down, I have never done well taking shots at a higher limit and today yeah..I lost my last $700 there.

Bustooooooooooo?

No, turns out I actually cashed out 1k from that poker acct the day before and it just arrived in my neteller.....God, double edged sword. Had I not done that, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have tilted and taken a shot at 10/20. So instead of blowing through $1300, I would've jsut gone through 600 and sulked for the day. Oh well...

I'm surprised I tilted. After going through that 200bb swing weeks ago, I thought I would've been in great control.

Here's where I believe I went wrong:
I had this big desire/belief that I was going to make a lot of money today since the past few days were meh, and when that didn't hit my expectation, I started to get really really angry. THe best train of thought is just putting in hours, not expecting a certain amount, rather just knowing that if i put enough hours, I'll always bank profit in the longrun since I am a winner at the game.

No more tilting please M. Song.

My pt stats have me beating the game for 1.4bb/100 out of 21k hands, so I'm not worried. Little annoyed but htat's cards and that's my own dumbass fault. Now I have to put in more hours to make up for that stupid mistake.

Oh, I hit my 2nd online royal tonight! mb 3rd, I forget. And lost a $100+ pot in a very frustrating way.



******* Hand 1 ********

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players

Stack sizes:
MikeySong: $152.50
UTG+1: $89.25
CO: $109
Button: $57.70
SB: $79.06
BB: $31.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) MikeySong is UTG with as 7s
MikeySong raises, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9c 7c ad (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB bets, MikeySong raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB 3-bets, MikeySong caps, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: 7d (13BB, 4 players)
BB bets, MikeySong calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: 9s (17BB, 4 players)
BB bets, MikeySong calls, CO folds, Button raises, BB calls all-in $1.5, MikeySong calls.

Results:
Final pot: 22.25BB

BB: A6o
I muck A7
Button: 10,9o WTF MAN


******* Hand 2 ********

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players

Stack sizes:
MikeySong: $263
SB: $79.06
CO: $457
Button: $61
SB: $3
BB: $83.50

Pre-flop: (5 players) MikeySong is UTG with :10h jh
MikeySong raises, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls all-in $1, BB folds.

Flop: 3h kh qh (6SB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 4SB, Sidepot 1: 2SB)
MikeySong bets, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: 1SB returned to MikeySong.

Turn: 9s (3BB, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: 2BB, Sidepot 1: 1BB)


River: ah (3BB, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: 2BB, Sidepot 1: 1BB)


Results:
Final pot: 3BB

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hand #1. Why didn't you raise turn? c'mon now! Could've avoided some beats by simply playing fast.

gl

and I had to re-check the blog I was looking at. Not the Mikey I know, tilting away. c'mon now u beat this game wanna see you at 10kplus!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Michael Song said...

i had the boat, i wanted to milk it for what it's worth. What I forgot to consider is that with that much action on the flop, it's better to play the turn fast to get more money in.

yeah, I shouldn't be tilting. That was very very very silly.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

blog counter